IGNORED

RLU BYPASS question

The reason the blue and white lights get switched is due to an error in the wiring diagrams. the original instructions were created from the wiring diagrams before one was actually done. I have to go back and look to see which 2 wires need to be switched at the RLU connector. The other option is to switch the sockets in the dash so that the white is behind the blue lens, then your bike will match the wiring diagram.

I went for a sunrise ride this morning and I put electrical tape over the white light except for a sliver and I put tape over the flashing red light. I think that the wrinkle in the electrical tape over the red light bother me more than the blinking red light ever did

The reason the blue and white lights get switched is due to an error in the wiring diagrams. the original instructions were created from the wiring diagrams before one was actually done. I have to go back and look to see which 2 wires need to be switched at the RLU connector. The other option is to switch the sockets in the dash so that the white is behind the blue lens, then your bike will match the wiring diagram.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of the RLU jumpers on my 90 VR. As I recall, the white light came on but the warning light did not. Switching the white and blue bulbs fixed that little issue.

RLU Jumpers.jpg

RLU Jumpers 2.jpg

It's unfortunate white wires were used to jump the connections but I think the positions are easy enough to sort out.

Edited by camos

If you could that would be great thanks . Still confused about why the warning light is now coming on.

Ken

Edited by ken5124

from what i can see on schematics.. power feeds the system thru the blue with black stripe. this feeds the low beam green with red stripe, and the hi low light switch thru the blue with white stripe..

When the light switch is switched to high beams, power goes out to the highs on the yellow with green stripe, and if hooked together feeds the high beam indicator thru the blue with red stripe. the high beam indicator ground line is the light green line, so that is hooked to the black ground line.

The lights out indicator or white warning light seems to be fed 12 volts by a red with yellow stripe.. which is eventually hooked into the blue with black stripe wire. that bulb also has the yellow line, which would appear to be a ground line?

so when I look at the wiring in this post.. why do I get the white light going on with the CMU warn ing red light??

Thoughts ?? Ken

So is there no way to get the cmu to stop displaying warning light >? BTw the yellow line has power..

still confused

You have to jumper the cmu which there is write ups on how to do that. Plus you may have broken solder joints on the cmu plug.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

You have to jumper the cmu which there is write ups on how to do that. Plus you may have broken solder joints on the cmu plug.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

It is not necessary to jumper the CMU unless replacing incandescent bulbs with led's or other low impedance bulbs. The pix I posted previously of the jumpered RLU on my 90 VR did not cause the warning light to come on. It did switch the blue indicator to the white one but that can be resolved by pulling out the bulb sockets and swapping them.

Just wondering something with your red light problem. May be a stupid question but do you have a maintenance free battery in your bike if so that red light will blink all the time thinking the acid is low in the battery. Just a thought.

There is a fix for it if you do

Just wondering something with your red light problem. May be a stupid question but do you have a maintenance free battery in your bike if so that red light will blink all the time thinking the acid is low in the battery. Just a thought.

There is a fix for it if you do

Red light blinks continuously. Always has. I have a battery indicator that comes on and off sometimes but I do have a maintenance free battery with no vent hose. I've been through the wiring enough times on this thing and never have found a wire or anything leading to a battery or sensor or anything like that.

Some one may have completely removed the sensor and the wire. You may have to go into the dash to find the end of the white/red wire to add the resistor to make the flashing red light go off.
Or that...a79778f830e8f0f8aa657505a4455aa7.jpg7a89f45497b8eedc85dff7c108733c9d.jpg

Or that...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180530/a79778f830e8f0f8aa657505a4455aa7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180530/7a89f45497b8eedc85dff7c108733c9d.jpg

The CMS pix indicate headlight out and brake fluid low.

I have the battery resistor in place and it works.. I will be jumpering the cmu and that should get rid of that warning. Will change the plug sockets around so the high beam indicator will be correct.

Ken

Yep. And the headlight is fine and rlu bypassed and all my reservoirs are full.

The fuel gauge has never been accurate.

Did you do the bypass the way my pix showed it? When I did it on my 90 VR the warning light did not come on.

I guess there is something wrong with one of the fluid level sensors in the clutch or brake MC's.