IGNORED

Star Venture paint protection 3M clear protective film

I purchased some 3M clear protective film 8 milliliter thick to put on the front of each saddle bag, on both side covers and on the back sides of the fuel tank where my legs make contact while riding.

The saddle bags and side covers is so that my wife's boots don't mark up and scratch the paint if her boots contact the front of the saddle bags and the side covers. The fuel tank is because while riding you get sand and some times even a very small pebble that rubs between your pant leg and the fuel tank scratching and rubbing through the paint. Those are the three high wear areas for paint damage.

You can find this film on Amazon or you can see if a local shop that does the clear bras will sell you some of the clear film, I bought a 1 foot by 2 foot piece and cut it myself, to apply it just use soapy water and a squeegee to get the water from under the clear film. When you apply it the film will look like it won't follow the compound curves but all you have to do is use the squeegee and force the water out and the film will stick, you may have to go over the area several time but the film will ultimately follow the compound curves of the side covers and the fuel tank.

R0Gagy22RvW1Rfr24sslyw.jpgqFuRZyqxRFi4SvImxYDM%Q.jpgn450eaaKR22TmLvuQ0oGqA.jpg

Not sure why the photos keep rotating on the upload.

I purchased some 3M clear protective film 8 milliliter thick to put on the front of each saddle bag, on both side covers and on the back sides of the fuel tank where my legs make contact while riding.

The saddle bags and side covers is so that my wife's boots don't mark up and scratch the paint if her boots contact the front of the saddle bags and the side covers. The fuel tank is because while riding you get sand and some times even a very small pebble that rubs between your pant leg and the fuel tank scratching and rubbing through the paint. Those are the three high wear areas for paint damage.

You can find this film on Amazon or you can see if a local shop that does the clear bras will sell you some of the clear film, I bought a 1 foot by 2 foot piece and cut it myself, to apply it just use soapy water and a squeegee to get the water from under the clear film. When you apply it the film will look like it won't follow the compound curves but all you have to do is use the squeegee and force the water out and the film will stick, you may have to go over the area several time but the film will ultimately follow the compound curves of the side covers and the fuel tank.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112434http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112435http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112436

Not sure why the photos keep rotating on the upload.

Looking very good, and you did a great job on the panel cuts! Compliments! Your post really brings attention to the possible wear points between the rider's clothes etc.. I think that right off..I am going to be applying and building up layer's of Mother's brand, polish/wax and anti-scuff. For sure!

Looking very good, and you did a great job on the panel cuts! Compliments! Your post really brings attention to the possible wear points between the rider's clothes etc.. I think that right off..I am going to be applying and building up layer's of Mother's brand, polish/wax and anti-scuff. For sure!

I use Liquid Glass to polish the bike, it gives it a mirror like finish and builds up with each coat making the shine deeper and deeper from about the 5th coat onwards.

I have used Liquid Glass on all my vehicles for years.

The nice thing about Liquid Glass is you can use it on all the chrome shields on the exhaust without it turning blue like regular wax, keeping the chrome in pristine condition.

I use Liquid Glass to polish the bike, it gives it a mirror like finish and builds up with each coat making the shine deeper and deeper from about the 5th coat onwards.

I have used Liquid Glass on all my vehicles for years.

The nice thing about Liquid Glass is you can use it on all the chrome shields on the exhaust without it turning blue like regular wax, keeping the chrome in pristine condition.

Thanks for that...for I never heard of it. I'll spec it out, and see if such places as Canadian Tire runs with it...if not...will find it. Thanks for the tip! I want my bike to bring me the best R.O.I. in a few years...and all tips are welcome! :)

Got it, thanks American.

http://www.liquidglasspolish.com/

I can tell you guys you better put some on the top of the bags. Only scuff I had in paint came from a boot across the top. A company called tankslapper has some precut fjlm. I got a kit for the victory from there. The 3rd gen may be a bit new yet for them to have precuts yet.

I can tell you guys you better put some on the top of the bags. Only scuff I had in paint came from a boot across the top. A company called tankslapper has some precut fjlm. I got a kit for the victory from there. The 3rd gen may be a bit new yet for them to have precuts yet.

We'll certainly take all precautions, that's for sure. She's a beaut...and I want to keep her looking that way!