IGNORED

1stGen vs 2ndGen Calipers

Condor

Just curious. I'm thinking about replacing the front and rear calipers on the '87VR with some off an RSV. Has anyone ever done this before, and will they work with the 87 rotors or do I need to replace them too. I like the design of the 2 piston free floating calipers on the RSV's...

Just curious. I'm thinking about replacing the front and rear calipers on the '87VR with some off an RSV. Has anyone ever done this before, and will they work with the 87 rotors or do I need to replace them too. I like the design of the 2 piston free floating calipers on the RSV's...

I was thinking of the same thing But you cant do it

This is what squeeze wrote

there are a lot of Calipers, which will fit to your Bike. The 100 mm Bolt-Distance Calipers are at common use by Yamaha.

As i bought my Bike, the Calipers were stuck also. I put the "Blue-Star", 4-Piston Calipers from a YZF-R1 on my 13 TD VRS. They will either give you a awesome, quite byting Brake, or you will find that Brake-Feeling too much digital .... you can buy them from Ebay for less than half the Price of Yamaha Spareparts.

I cutted the Brakeline from the Rear-Brakemaster to the Front left Caliper and mounted a Vmax rear Mastercylinder just for the rear Brake. The Front ist operated by steel-braided Brakelines from the Standard-Mastercylinder, which is 14mm, same as the R1-Mastercylinder. Great Brakeperformance and very sensitive. The Standard 14mm Mastercylinder fits perfect to the two Calipers.

I was thinking of the same thing But you cant do it. This is what squeeze wrote there are a lot of Calipers, which will fit to your Bike. The 100 mm Bolt-Distance Calipers are at common use by Yamaha. As i bought my Bike, the Calipers were stuck also. I put the "Blue-Star", 4-Piston Calipers from a YZF-R1 on my 13 TD VRS. They will either give you a awesome, quite byting Brake, or you will find that Brake-Feeling too much digital .... you can buy them from Ebay for less than half the Price of Yamaha Spareparts.

That may be true, but I might also add that I have a set of brake and clutch masters that when hooked up should mimic the stopping power of the RSV. I also have a left side caliper that looks like it'll work as far as fit goes. Maybe I'm breaking new ground here?? I sure looks feasable, and was hoping that someone might have gone there before???