IGNORED

FINALLY! Aftermarket parts for 2018 SVTC

ChiefGunner

Hey everybody, Big Bike Parts/Show Chrome has stepped up to the plate! They now have a TRAILER HITCH for the SVTC & Eluder. ALSO, chrome trunk racks AND a TALLER WIDER windshield!

FINALLY. I’ve been in contact with Director of Operatiins at Bushtec for a couple months but they STILL have not acquired a model to develop a hitch yet. Looks like BIG bike wins!

Hey everybody, Big Bike Parts/Show Chrome has stepped up to the plate! They now have a TRAILER HITCH for the SVTC & Eluder. ALSO, chrome trunk racks AND a TALLER WIDER windshield!

FINALLY. I’ve been in contact with Director of Operatiins at Bushtec for a couple months but they STILL have not acquired a model to develop a hitch yet. Looks like BIG bike wins!

Their tank bra works/fits well also (to keep the cord cover from scratching the tank)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their tank bra works/fits well also (to keep the cord cover from scratching the tank)

I was looking at that..but also was wondering...what about dust and wind driven road debris getting UNDER the Bib, and then it sand papers as the bike moves, caught between the tank and the under side of the bra. That was my stop button to order. Your take?

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

I was looking at that..but also was wondering...what about dust and wind driven road debris getting UNDER the Bib, and then it sand papers as the bike moves, caught between the tank and the under side of the bra. That was my stop button to order. Your take?

I’m in your corner Moose. Definitely a probable scratch & wear item.

I know for sure that the cord cap and my negligence with the cord will scratch the tank. So willing to take chances with dust/road debri.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m in your corner Moose. Definitely a probable scratch & wear item.

That was my worry. I remember all the folks that put bibs on their front end of their cars to stave off stone chips, etc...and then were aghast when one day when they took them off...the entire front cover of where the bib had contacted the paint, was literally sanded past the clear coat...like someone had spent all night, out there with 1000 sandpaper. I see the same thing happening here. You simply can not prevent any fine particulate (sand, grit, and micro-stones) from being driven under the bib...and then with movement and normal vibration...it just stays there and grinds away...

For my cord...I'm simply going to have a whistle loop, and the cord will lift off sharply from the front attachment point and get supported from the cord clip. It won't ever touch the paint, as it swings and moves to the bike's movements. That is my cord solution.

The bib looks great...anytime you put leather to a bike...but the bib itself...contacts the paint, over a wide surface...and the bottom is open to ingress, just the same as hood bibs on cars. That's why they are not as popular as they were in the late 70's throughout the 80's. The word got out...

Joe I had leather covers on my Road King saddle bags and they were subjected to far more road grime and abuse, never had an issue with the paint underneath. Although Murphy’s law states that now I probably will. Thanks for the heads up though.

I had the same thought, so I ordered Tank slapper, its a clear shield to protect the paint, Intsaled on the tank center area and top forward section of the saddle bags.

Here is the link if you want to take a look. http://thetankslapper.biz/

Joe I had leather covers on my Road King saddle bags and they were subjected to far more road grime and abuse, never had an issue with the paint underneath. Although Murphy’s law states that now I probably will. Thanks for the heads up though.

I wish you that level of protection you hope for. My comments were talking points. Thinking out loud.:)

That was my worry. I remember all the folks that put bibs on their front end of their cars to stave off stone chips, etc...and then were aghast when one day when they took them off...the entire front cover of where the bib had contacted the paint, was literally sanded past the clear coat...like someone had spent all night, out there with 1000 sandpaper. I see the same thing happening here. You simply can not prevent any fine particulate (sand, grit, and micro-stones) from being driven under the bib...and then with movement and normal vibration...it just stays there and grinds away...

For my cord...I'm simply going to have a whistle loop, and the cord will lift off sharply from the front attachment point and get supported from the cord clip. It won't ever touch the paint, as it swings and moves to the bike's movements. That is my cord solution.

The bib looks great...anytime you put leather to a bike...but the bib itself...contacts the paint, over a wide surface...and the bottom is open to ingress, just the same as hood bibs on cars. That's why they are not as popular as they were in the late 70's throughout the 80's. The word got out...

That’ll work for your cord end Joe but the receptacle cap in the tank hinges down and rests on the tank paint. A design issue from mother. (Along with inaccessible fuses location and oil tank fill under the seat)

That’ll work for your cord end Joe but the receptacle cap in the tank hinges down and rests on the tank paint. A design issue from mother. (Along with inaccessible fuses location and oil tank fill under the seat)

Good points, and there can be a solution...here it is...you can fix a single round rubber/med gel clear pad (to the dead center of the cord cap) that is used for such things as computer controls like joy stick rest pads. They are round, and only about 1/2 inch in diameter.

You'd lightly brush off the 1/2 space where you know the pad bottom/foot, will make contact with the top of the tank,...and then gently let the cap down to rest the gel pad onto the tank. Two things, because it is comprised of soft medical gel...it will stay foot-printed to the tank, as the the body of the gel moves slightly with road vibration. There would be no rubbing between the tank and the footprint of the round gel pad. This would also keep the cord cap 1/8 to 1/4 inch off of the tank surface.

Being that there would be nothing that would get trapped by the very small contact point of the soft gel pad...for debris, sand, dust, micro-stone would blow past...in the vector current. Then when finished...just flip the cord cover back up into place and carry on. The next time you want to use the cord...have a mico-cloth handy from the left pocket..and just gently wipe the exposed foot of your gel pad..and then the small area where it will rest upon the tank. Lower your cap down gently, until the pad takes up the weight...and away you go. There will never be a scratch with this set-up...I've done it before, and will do so again on my SVTC. The main thing is you don't want to have a surface, like cloth, or leather that lightly rests against the tank..and WILL trap debris..but then keep it there to do its damage.

I'll post a pic, when I have mine done...and you won't barley even see the round pad resting in the dead center of the cord cap. If you want to do this...just make sure that the pad is a soft gel..and NOT hard rubber. Hard rubber of any kind WILL transfer movement between the resting cord cap and the tank while in movement. A soft gel allows the tank to move, without the cap moving in tandem...hence, no lateral movement of both surfaces...hence, no sliding friction of either. No scratches...:)

Yooper, this works like a charm..and unless you'd point out the small clear gel cap at the center of your cord cap mass...nobody would even see it.

I think your idea to deal with the cord is gonna be kinda harsh on it. I’m 6’3” and when I’m connected up, my cord does not touch the tank at all. I have however noticed a small rub spot occurring where the headset port cover is. I installed a smal piece of that clear film to protect the area. Problem solved & no added stress to the cord.

I think your idea to deal with the cord is gonna be kinda harsh on it. I’m 6’3” and when I’m connected up, my cord does not touch the tank at all. I have however noticed a small rub spot occurring where the headset port cover is. I installed a smal piece of that clear film to protect the area. Problem solved & no added stress to the cord.

Ok..that's good to know, then. I'm 6' 4"...so then I have no worry on that regard! I'll only do my solution for the port cover. I think that this will be the first thing that Yam takes care of in the 2019...putting the hinge at the top...unless...unless they didn't want the port door weight resting upon the top of the cord pin head. You know...that's probably why it is hinged to be below the cord head. Yep...if we can think of that...you'd think that the Yam engineers did already. Will take care of it, for sure.

Please give us a review if you do get it. I'm thinking of getting a slightly bigger shield myself to cut down on highway speed buffeting.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I certainly will...but I don't expect to even see my bike, let alone a first ride, to probably mid to late May now. They say it is still in-bound, at sea.

I have to tell you though...I'm 6'3" and I like the whole idea of a quiet air pocket. The money's not too outrageous, even if I have to spring 30 % more for it in Canadian $$$. I like that not only is it taller, but has 4 inches more of side volume.

If I end up getting it, because I would like more than the OEM...I'll pass my opinion on down the line, yay or nay.

Please give us a review if you do get it. I'm thinking of getting a slightly bigger shield myself to cut down on highway speed buffeting.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I’m going the same route myself. I just need to wait a little. My wife says I’m blowing my allowance on what she calls “bike foofy”. Am installing the backup camera and a 7.5” LED light bar with knight rider sweep on the dash below the screen. I’m tying it into the alarm system so that it SWEEPS when the alarm is set. It’s gonna be a great visual deterrent & look Bad A$$.

I’m going the same route myself. I just need to wait a little. My wife says I’m blowing my allowance on what she calls “bike foofy”. Am installing the backup camera and a 7.5” LED light bar with knight rider sweep on the dash below the screen. I’m tying it into the alarm system so that it SWEEPS when the alarm is set. It’s gonna be a great visual deterrent & look Bad A$$.

Chief...can you please post two pictures (close and detailed) of those two wear factory paint blemishes on your tank...can really help others to watch out for it. Thanks!

Am now shutting down the 'pute...and heading out shortly for an all day ride on my Kawasaki ZR7S. Got an update from Corbin...they are just starting production on my saddle. Can't wait, for this will be the first ever saddle that was totally fabricated to handle my height, exact weight, and inseam. This is gonna be great! So..everybody...enjoy the day...

I'm heading up from Toronto within a few minutes, to Tobermory, Ontario ( http://tobermory.com/ ) today...and while there, going to munch on some great fish 'n'chips...that you get on the cliff restaurants overlooking the harbor! A fun ride...and it's supposed to hit 55F today! Bring it...on! I'm going to wear instead of my 3/4 helmet, my older Arai Full Face 'Profile'. It might be a little cooler, coming home...and a full face really helps you out there...:)

Cheers,

Joe

Chief...can you please post two pictures (close and detailed) of those two wear factory paint blemishes on your tank...can really help others to watch out for it. Thanks!

Am now shutting down the 'pute...and heading out shortly for an all day ride on my Kawasaki ZR7S. Got an update from Corbin...they are just starting production on my saddle. Can't wait, for this will be the first ever saddle that was totally fabricated to handle my height, exact weight, and inseam. This is gonna be great! So..everybody...enjoy the day...

I'm heading up from Toronto within a few minutes, to Tobermory, Ontario ( http://tobermory.com/ ) today...and while there, going to munch on some great fish 'n'chips...that you get on the cliff restaurants overlooking the harbor! A fun ride...and it's supposed to hit 55F today! Bring it...on! I'm going to wear instead of my 3/4 helmet, my older Arai Full Face 'Profile'. It might be a little cooler, coming home...and a full face really helps you out there...:)

Cheers,

Joe

I’ll put them up a little later. Wait for better lighting. You enjoy your ride and be safe!

I’ll put them up a little later. Wait for better lighting. You enjoy your ride and be safe!

Thanks..was on the phone for almost an hour with my sister...now about to shut down and get to the garage, and wake her up...!

Have a great day, yourself...Mr. 80 degrees F! :)

I'll be luck today to ride through 50-55F!

Cheers,

Chief, very interested in your backup camera installation and how it works, tie in points etc. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk