IGNORED

Ordered Shinko 777s for my 02 Venture

Sylvester

I have used Dunlop D404s for near 200,000 miles on my ride and had no problems. Always use Dyna Beads for balance and mount my own tires, but I have read many posts on the 777, and I thought I would try these (since they come in White Walls). I am not looking for high mileage (ran D404s for years) but I like the "sticky" part of the posts. I have a tire changer and lift so changing is quick, no spoons for me.

I read that some feel that running the 130 front made it handle easier, but are these stock configured Ventures? I have lifted the rear many years back to perform the same effect and it worked. Would lowering the front (use 130 front) on my machine throw it out of whack? I think it probably would.

Just rambling on but Cowpuc's review was what sent me to Shinko. If it doesn't work out I will be heading to Michigan without Hot Dogs. :beer:

:farmer:

I have used Dunlop D404s for near 200,000 miles on my ride and had no problems. Always use Dyna Beads for balance and mount my own tires, but I have read many posts on the 777, and I thought I would try these (since they come in White Walls). I am not looking for high mileage (ran D404s for years) but I like the "sticky" part of the posts. I have a tire changer and lift so changing is quick, no spoons for me.

I read that some feel that running the 130 front made it handle easier, but are these stock configured Ventures? I have lifted the rear many years back to perform the same effect and it worked. Would lowering the front (use 130 front) on my machine throw it out of whack? I think it probably would.

Just rambling on but Cowpuc's review was what sent me to Shinko. If it doesn't work out I will be heading to Michigan without Hot Dogs. [emoji481]

There isn't much difference in the height of the tire. Check this link for comparisons. https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=150-80r16-130-90r16

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I liked the Shinko. I ran the 130 up front and had lowered the forks in the front triple tree and it was fine. I would think lowering the front (so I could touch ground) and raising the rear would be the same.

Just rambling on but Cowpuc's review was what sent me to Shinko. If it doesn't work out I will be heading to Michigan without Hot Dogs. [emoji481]

I put 777's on my xvz12

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I put 777's on my xvz12

And somebody asked why I didn't put on the 230's instead and I couldn't remember.. Either it was the load rating, the expected life, or wanting a better rain tire..

According to Shinko's website, the smaller 130/90/16 is a 73 load weight which is 805#. Their 150/80/16 is a 71 which equals 761#. Makes no sense to me. I also run the smaller (Michelin) front tire with the front forks raised about 3/8" with no problem. I too will be trying these Shinkos next time.

They did come yesterday and like any kid (72 years old) :backinmyday: I cut the plastic to looky see. Very nice tread design and white walls are impressive even though I have had white walls for fifteen years. And, and, and they are the freshest tires I have ever received. :dancefool:

The front is 49/17 and the rear 01/18.:thumbsup2:

I will mount them this week and give them a 100+ mile break-in. :fingers-crossed-emo