IGNORED

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!! Anyone ever try these diaphram/slide assemblies? CHEAP!!

cowpuc

Yep,,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - wondering what it would be like to have a non-patched up set of carb diaphrams with new slides - been a longgggggggggg time and many miles!!

Just finished up patching another diaphram leak on Tweeksis getting her ready for the day that Fool decides to tuck ... Her's are getting to be more YamaBond than actual rubber so I thought I might check around and see whats out there for replacements.. Remembering how close in size my 1st Gen Ventures were in comparison to a little Virago I went thru years ago, I thought I would search google under the 535 Virago and BINGO = look what came up (see link)!! Anyone ever tried these?? 54 bucks WITH slides already attached!!!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Venture-1200-Virago-535-CV-Carburetor-Slide-Diaphragm-41R-14940-00-00/172382909615?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50999%26meid%3D5c73a3c58f104f92abb6572f8a64633c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D312077019802%26itm%3D172382909615&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m185

Think I may just try a set if no one screams - DONT DO IT PUC!!! Never know,, Tweeksis has a solid 2nd gear and a good solid clutch - set of brand new slide assemblies and a guy riding 2nd gear wheelies on a sticker covered old 1st Gen may soon be viewable YouTube!!!!!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Yep,,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - wondering what it would be like to have a non-patched up set of carb diaphrams with new slides - been a longgggggggggg time and many miles!!

Just finished up patching another diaphram leak on Tweeksis getting her ready for the day that Fool decides to tuck ... Her's are getting to be more YamaBond than actual rubber so I thought I might check around and see whats out there for replacements.. Remembering how close in size my 1st Gen Ventures were in comparison to a little Virago I went thru years ago, I thought I would search google under the 535 Virago and BINGO = look what came up (see link)!! Anyone ever tried these?? 54 bucks WITH slides already attached!!!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Venture-1200-Virago-535-CV-Carburetor-Slide-Diaphragm-41R-14940-00-00/172382909615?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50999%26meid%3D5c73a3c58f104f92abb6572f8a64633c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D312077019802%26itm%3D172382909615&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m185

Think I may just try a set if no one screams - DONT DO IT PUC!!! Never know,, Tweeksis has a solid 2nd gear and a good solid clutch - set of brand new slide assemblies and a guy riding 2nd gear wheelies on a sticker covered old 1st Gen may soon be viewable YouTube!!!!!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

These all use same diaphragm and slides. Set of 4 Robertson cycle for "getting a price now"

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

These all use same diaphragm and slides. Set of 4 Robertson cycle for "getting a price now"

List54ddb152b79ef57a54406c02d97eb55d.jpg

Listhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/54ddb152b79ef57a54406c02d97eb55d.jpg

We're talking about you and you're over 2 million miles on 83 Yamahas. That's how many 49 Drums of oil, 666 oil changes at 3000 mile intervals, 333 rear tires

We're talking about you and you're over 2 million miles on 83 Yamahas. That's how many 49 Drums of oil, 666 oil changes at 3000 mile intervals, 333 rear tires

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

and LOTS of short shifting from 1st to 3rd :biker:!! Tweeksis,, number 6 - 83 we will have worn out since 1987, is the only one I have owned that has had the 2nd gear update done to it!!! A couple of those bikes came to me with no 2nd gear in em (I LOVE $300 bikes with 200k miles plus left in em just by skippin a gear :big-grin-emoticon:) and the rest I popped 2nd at 25 to 30k.. Just in last years riding of Tweeksis of just under 25k miles of riding (health issues really cut into our ride time) I/we already have more miles with a 2nd gear on her then any of our other Ventures...

Another good one is Tents Ty.. I have always done the cheap tent thing too and normally wear out 3 to 5 of them.. When they start to leak or a zipper go south = give it to the grandkids or toss it, stop and buy a new one... Never did get into that waterproofing spray stuff = new tents just a few more bucks.....

I found these a while back, I have them in a post somewhere. I have another set somewhere or was on my watch list on ebay. I am just a tad concerned how they are made. @CaseyJ955 commented about it and I decided to spend the little extra and get the 2 I was watching for 150 for both it was supposed to be for my bike.... I wished I had got these.

Thing is I think these are for the 1300cc not the 12's.. The 1300's (86's up) had bigger carbs as did the 1200cc V-Max's and I wouldnt be surprised that the slides are bigger to support the larger bore,, maybe not but probably not a bad idea to double check part numbers Snype.. These look similar (white collars at the slides) to the ones I was talking about and linked to that fit the 535's and the MK1's according to the ad.. I know the OEM's have a fairly thin layer of rubber vulcanized (probably designed by Spock himself) over a fabric mesh cause I have been revulcanizing the fabric for years with YamaBond (still would like to try some E6000) and been very successful at it.. Now seeing these for 55 dollars for complete unit, I am thinking of grabbing a set - syncing Tweeks out, hookin up the Go-Pro that I won at our VR Rally down by the Tail of The Dragon (for the life of me I just went blank trying to remember the name of that awesome state park down there - @yammer_Dan , @Dragonslayer , @DragonRider , @Carbon_One @anybody,,, @SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!) and running her thru my local 1/4 mile traps and then swapping em out and seeing what happens... Then doing a pull from the bottom to the top in 5th and see how she responds.. GOOD GRIEF I NEED SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared: WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE COOL WRENCH I JUST PICKED UP OFF EBAY SNYPE!!!!!!! WAYYYYYY COOL!!!!!!!!!! Some bikers drink when they get nervous about spring coming, some start smoking,, others eat = I buy TOOLS or GUNS or AMMO :missingtooth:

Thing is I think these are for the 1300cc not the 12's.. The 1300's (86's up) had bigger carbs as did the 1200cc V-Max's and I wouldnt be surprised that the slides are bigger to support the larger bore,, maybe not but probably not a bad idea to double check part numbers Snype.. These look similar (white collars at the slides) to the ones I was talking about and linked to that fit the 535's and the MK1's according to the ad.. I know the OEM's have a fairly thin layer of rubber vulcanized (probably designed by Spock himself) over a fabric mesh cause I have been revulcanizing the fabric for years with YamaBond (still would like to try some E6000) and been very successful at it.. Now seeing these for 55 dollars for complete unit, I am thinking of grabbing a set - syncing Tweeks out, hookin up the Go-Pro that I won at our VR Rally down by the Tail of The Dragon (for the life of me I just went blank trying to remember the name of that awesome state park down there - yammer_Dan , Dragonslayer , DragonRider , Carbon_One @anybody,,, @SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!) and running her thru my local 1/4 mile traps and then swapping em out and seeing what happens... Then doing a pull from the bottom to the top in 5th and see how she responds.. GOOD GRIEF I NEED SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared: WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE COOL WRENCH I JUST PICKED UP OFF EBAY SNYPE!!!!!!! WAYYYYYY COOL!!!!!!!!!! Some bikers drink when they get nervous about spring coming, some start smoking,, others eat = I buy TOOLS or GUNS or AMMO :missingtooth:

Your right I knew better too... this can't be the same ones, these I have been watching since June so ummm.... I will have to take a look. I know there was a set of 4 for our bikes, anyways not a biggy that may be why the one slides would not fit in my carb, Well they did but did not function right... I took them out and had them on the porch discovering they drug a little in the carbs I had in a box.