IGNORED

Parked on a hill... wrong.

Guest Coasty

Guest Coasty

Headed out for a ride yesterday and thought about stopping at the awful-waffle for breakfast. Pulled into the lot a did a nice low speed turn :cool10: into the parking space...which was on a slight incline. I try to park "backed in" so when I leave I can just pull stright out. I now have the bike parked facing down the slight incline...no problem I think...just leave the bike in gear so she won't roll. Put the kick stand down and begin to get off when I feel that awful feeling something is just not right:confused24:. Slowly the bike starts to roll foward and as it does the kick stand folds up.:mad: I guess you can figure what happens next....As good fortune whould have it the front engine guards and rear bag guards did there job and prevented the bike from fallling all the way over. I practiced the "pick the bike up, lets try to look cool, ment to do that" technicque and sucessfully righted my steed with no damage to the bike....only my ego.

Lesson learned...BE SURE the bike is in gear when parking on a hill or don't park going downhill. Just goes to show even after 30 years of riding you can still do something stupid. On yea....I decided to get breakfast someplace else. Had a nice ride (75 mile) after all that.:)

Hadn't gotten use to the bike yet (the fact that it was top heavy), was pretty tired when I pulled into a restaurant parking lot at one in the morning. The parking lot had an angle to it and when I slowed down making a right hand turn (which is harder for most people), I lost my balance and over she went. Tried to hold it up as it went down and out my back went, this was the eleventh time. The bike wasn't damaged, but felt like an idiot because of my back going out and couldn't lift the bike back up. So it took about 5 to 10 minutes before a pickup drove in, saw my delema, and two guys got out and asked if they could help. So got it back up, went into the cafe for a cup of Joe, and my trip to L.A. was over with my back out. Was 70 miles from home at the time, and driving home was very painful for every bump I hit on the way. Seems that trying to make a sharp turn on an uneven surface is not the way to go on the RSV. :buttkick: