IGNORED

Oil and Filter (I know)

OK thanks I wont have to buy any this season yet.

Joe

Really? You need to ride more.

First 2 months I had my bike, I changed oil 3 times.

1. as soon as I brought it home from the dealer, I bought it used.

2. 3 weeks-3000 miles later

3. 8 weeks-another 3000 miles later

New to the RSV's, but I have to tell you one thing I was surprised about. According to the manual, 8000 mile intervals on the oil changes. I change oil in all my vehicles ( 2 & 4 wheel) at 3000 miles, so it's not big deal. That's one of the reasons I just use regular oil. It could get pricey doing that with Syn oil.

Yamaha has discontinued the 20w40 and replaced it with a reformulated 20w50 for the warmer weather.

What is "reformulated" oil?? It wouldn't be recycled oil, would it? If it is, it will never see its way on my RSV's crankcase! Pardon my ignorance if it is new blended oil.

Brian

What is "reformulated" oil?? It wouldn't be recycled oil, would it? If it is, it will never see its way on my RSV's crankcase! Pardon my ignorance if it is new blended oil.

Brian

I was told that Yamaha changed their whole line of oils and no longer offer the 20w40, and replaced it with the 20w50. No it is not recycled oil.

FILTER QUESTION: Why does Yamaha recommend the 5GH-13440-00-00 oil filter and here on this site it is listed as using the 3FV-13440-00-00? Can someone fill me in on this?

Thanks ahead of time

Bill....:confused24:

FILTER QUESTION: Why does Yamaha recommend the 5GH-13440-00-00 oil filter and here on this site it is listed as using the 3FV-13440-00-00? Can someone fill me in on this?

Thanks ahead of time

progress.gif

Thanks ahead of time

progress.gif

Because Yamaha changed the numbering system. It changes every year. I usually don't even pay attention to the first 3 numbers.

I don't use Yamaha filters anyways. They're cheap, not as cheap as a Fram PH6017a though.

I use a Purolater PL14610. It the most goodest filter out there according to a couple of sites.