IGNORED

Oil and Filter (I know)

When I got my 03 RSV I got 4 qts of oil Yamalube 10w30 Non-friction and yamaha filter #3FV-13440-10 is this right for my 03 RSV? I got from owner of bike and dont need to buy any if this is the right filter and oil can anyone tell me.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Yamaha's own oil should be fine, although 10W30 is a little light weight. You might save that for the cooler months if you ride in the cold. Or mix it in one quart or a half a quart at a time with heavier oil and it would be okay.

The filter number I don't know. Generally if the threads are the same and the seal is the same diameter, and it physically fits in the available space in the bike, it will work fine. There are many different filters that fit this bike. When I first bought my bike it had a Honda filter on it. Good construction and a decent filter, but too expensive. I use others.

Oil Filters:

Brand Part Number Home Page Baldwin B1400

www.baldwinfilter.com Fram PH6017A www.fram.com Napa Gold #1358 www.napaonline.com Perf-form PFJ503 www.perf-form.com Purolator ML16819 www.pureoil.com WIX 51358 www.wixfilters.com Yamaha 3FV-13440-00-00

Mobil M1-108

Purolator Pure One PL14612

Bosch 3300 (About 64mm, doesn't quite fit oil filter wrenches)

WalMart SuperTech ST6607 or ST7317 (Made by Champion)

AC Delco PF1237

Purolator L14622

STP S-02876

Dont forget about the Amsoil filters

EAOM103 - if you want the stock size filter.

EAOM103C- if you want the stock size filter in a chrome finish.

EAOM102 - if you want the taller filter. I have one on my bike and it is a tight fit....(I dont recomend it....)

I buy the Amsoil filter or the PureOne filters...

Edited by KiteSquid