IGNORED

tire balancing beads

timk

just came back from a test ride on the FJR. New front tire, 1 1/2 oz of the beads, 80mph,no vibration. This is just a initial feeling out, more updates to follow, when the tire gets half way worn. The manufacter says you can add them thru your tire valve, but I have 90degree stem, so had to install during mounting. I have a different type(external) on the motorhome with good results, so i thought I'd give the beads a try.

works on the same principle as RIDE-ON.. but "ride on" is made to stop the tire from going flat by seeping into and around the hole plugging it if you get a nail or screw in it where as the beads wont do much for you except keep the tire within ballance, but hey, that is all they were designed to do.. ballance the tire..

I have not tried them ,but have heard from others who have and all have said they had good results with them.

Edited by Eck

It will be interesting to see how well the beads work through the life of the tire, if they wear more evenly. I just came back from my first long trip (900mi) and felt a fair bit of vibration. With 11k miles I suspect it may be coming from the ‘stock Brigs’... one thing for sure they sure have a terrible howl coming from them.

Hey Drag

I too have a brickstone on the front & cant believe the howl

from the tire ,Cant wait to wear it out & put on a new set

of different tires

Gambler

PS: If U put on new exhaust ( Samson side turnout exhaust )

U wont hear the tire noise anymore:rotfl:

Hey Drag

I too have a brickstone on the front & cant believe the howl

from the tire ,Cant wait to wear it out & put on a new set

of different tires

Gambler

PS: If U put on new exhaust ( Samson side turnout exhaust )

U wont hear the tire noise anymore:rotfl:

.... I'm running stock pipes but had the radio cranked!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the ones on your first gen will be OK. I used to run them on a first gen and also on my old Harley. The ones for the second gens have had a tendency to sort of....come apart. Haven't heard of that issue on the first gen sizes though.