MrRadi8

Well, I bought a set of slash cuts to install. Told me it had the converter. Turns out they both have the converter so apparently I was sent to right(?) sides. Lovely.

The converter wasn't what I'd pictured. Figured it would be pellets to get out. Turns out it's layers of metal in an interesting patter. Cutting it looks impossible without knowing what a cutaway version looks like.

The end has the usual look to it, but the engine side doesn't. Not sure anything can be done, or that I can run them.

Sigh.

You can also tell if they are both right side by the indentions near the axle bolts. They will work but there are indentions on the mufflers that allow clearance between the mufflers and the axle bolts. The clearance is not an issue on the RSV but you will see it on the outside of the muffler where it should be on the inside, towards the axle.

Rich,

Dont worry about removing them, they arent going to restrict any real amount of exhaust flow through them. As long as you have the small baffle plates drilled out it will flow nice.

There's a plate in the rear, but not the front. I'm wondering about it since I want the look.

Well, if you want to remove them, it's not a big deal, I can tell ya how. (I did mine) Just let me know if you want to. But like Squid says, if it don't matter, leave it alone.

Steve

How in the hell did you do that?

You can also tell if they are both right side by the indentions near the axle bolts. They will work but there are indentions on the mufflers that allow clearance between the mufflers and the axle bolts. The clearance is not an issue on the RSV but you will see it on the outside of the muffler where it should be on the inside, towards the axle.

I was under the impression, which may be wrong, that HD only had the cat on the right.

I'll have to pull them back out and look for that. Right now I'm knee deep in the amp for the cassette mod.

To remove my converter on the RK slashcuts, I used a long, 1/4" drill bit, and simply drilled a series of holes in a circle around the OD of the converter, (try to stay as close to the last hole as possible) At this point, it's just the web between the holes holding it it. Then from the other, with a long steel rod, tapped the center of the converter out. It will pop out quite easily.

The converter itself is 3 1/2" long.

BTW, I did use lots of cutting oil on the drill bit.

Steve