IGNORED

How to Call The Police When You're Old

Joopster55

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house," and he said "no." Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." Then he hung up. Within five minutes six police cars, a SWAT Team, a helicopter, two fire trucks, a paramedic and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!" George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"(True Story) I LOVE IT - Don't mess with old people.

This has been around since 1986. Check Snopes. The locality where this is supposed to have happened has a paper and they say they never heard of it and never ran the story. In my 29 years I've seen many people call in false info to get us there quicker and more often then not someone went to jail for falsely summoning the police. One business owner was upset that someone was parked in the firelane blocking his front door. He called in a fight in progress with one person holding a gun. We of course expedited only to discover the truth. He couldn't believe when the nice shiny bracelet was placed on his wrists.

True or Not, i like the Story :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

And it's sad when i read "more often then not someone went to jail for falsely summoning the Police."

Of Course, when someone steals only from the Shed, there no Life at risk in first Place, but what can a normal Citizen do about it ? Call the Police and be told that there's no one available to take the Crooks down ? Wait for someone to come after they are gone and file Charges to unknown ? Hope that they don't burn down the Shed afterwards to cover the Burglary ?

Guest Popeye
Of Course, when someone steals only from the Shed, there no Life at risk in first Place, but what can a normal Citizen do about it ?

Funny old joke, there.

Some crack-heads/meth-heads steal from shed for dope money & not in their right mind...next stop is likely your house. People lock their deadbolts, but have glass windows?

I'm now retired, but when I was a cop, we almost NEVER got to a violent call in time...VERY few are given the opportunity for a call to the police.

For the few who did manage to get a call in...we came out & collected the bodies & began an investigation. No hurry, though.

We usually caught the bad guys, eventually...but the unarmed sheep who [for some odd reason], thought the police could somehow be there in time to resolve their troubles [while writing traffic cites & such], were taken to the morgue.

Many people actually believe the police are, in someway, legally responsible for the safety of the citizens in their jurisdiction. NOT TRUE in the U.S.A....[except Hollywood].

I answered a residential intruder 911 call once [rural area]. Older woman ,55, said she had an intruder on the back steps of her kitchen/backdoor.

When I arrived, 20 mins later, there was a dead-looking guy half way out of the kitchen, lying on the rear steps. Turned out he was wanted for rape/att. murder. She kept a revolver on top of her refrigerator & was preparing supper when he walked in & made demands.

Too funny. She wasn't even upset & just wanted someone to take the body away. When I got there, she was still cooking & had put the EMPTY revolver back on the 'fridge.

The intruder took six 32 cal rounds, but, like most, lived.

Some folks just take care of themselves & are not easily upset.

Personal safety is a personal responsibility.

If you are an adult, don't expect Mommy, Daddy or Mr. Policeman to protect you on a moments notice, which is usually all the time you have.

Personal safety is a personal responsibility.

If you are an adult, don't expect Mommy, Daddy or Mr. Policeman to protect you on a moments notice, which is usually all the time you have.

And how exactly can this go togehter with no "Guns in Hands of the Citizens" ?

Not at Home, not in your Car, nor in your Pocket.

Ah no need to answer ....