IGNORED

Has anyone tried this upgrade?

SledgeHammer

I saw this on E-bay and I am curious. Has anyone tried it? Is it a worth while upgrade or is it money wasted? I am interested if it actually works and improves horsepower.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-Royal-Star-XVZ13-Fan-Switch-UPGRADE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35594QQihZ015QQitemZ250236674191QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I saw those things too. A waste of money. Losing hp by running too hot? By the time the engine is hot enough to start losing hp, you already have a lot worse problems on your hands than that. If the engine is running too hot, you may have a stuck thermostat that can't open up all the way any more and allow the full cooling capacity. It happens sometimes. If the thermostat is actually opening all the way and the engine is still running too hot, ultimately what would be needed is a bigger radiator. In neither of these cases will bringing the fan on earlier help anything at all. Someone scooped up some parts somewhere and is making an issue where there isn't one.

Dont do it Tim if you want more HP get the hyper chip that is offered for your scoot.The computer still has a fuel shut off so the only way to make it faster is to change the puter.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, too bad they don't make a "hyper chip" for the fast bikes, ain't it? :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Jim

Any info on this hyper chip you mentioned? What is it, where do I get one, how hard is it to install, etc.

Thanks

It aint gonna do you any good your fuel shut off is still gonna be 20mph less than a first gen and 28 mph less than a 83

Jeff