This area at the top corner is under a lot of stress and very hard to get into it's natural position to glue. Curves and angles make clamping almost impossible. Would you cut the piece off to attempt reattaching? My thinking is that this would relieve the stress that the shape creates and allow glue to cure I'm stressed. Crazy or maybe?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalkbbeea562c83de63dec10c01dca7448aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That area right there, where the rear view mirror mounts, is probably one of the most stressed areas of the fairing, and the place most likely to crack especially when dropped! Speaking of which, by the looks of the edge it looks like it was dropped at least once or twice...

I think at one time I actually molded in a couple of washers right into the plastic where the holes for the mirror screws go. As far as that separated crack, try making a vee as I suggested earlier and try using some really strong duct tape on the outside to hold the areas into place...

I have used a hose clamp to pull the pieces togather good while it dries. Ran one with a clamp in place for a while because it had to be taken back apart to get to clamp. Finally got tired of the "What's That". If you use a clamp make sure you position head so ya can remove it!!!:bang head:

Looks like there may be a chunk missing on the bottom break. Also looks like the plastic is bent. I don't think forcing it into position is a very good idea. Better to bend the plastic back into position as best you can. If it was me doing this I would use a heat gun on it to soften the plastic at the first part of the bend then using gentle pressure on a clamp with a block on each side to push it into alignment. You will probably have to do this a couple of times. Does the vertical break look like the two edges will fit together? If the cracks by the holes are not actually breaks heating might help get them back in position. How well do the holes in the plastic line up with the bolt holes on the frame? They should line up without having to be forced.

I agree that it looks like the plastic has been bent for a long time and has taken a set. Use a heat gun to get everything back where it belongs.

Then use ABS pipe cement to glue all the edges back together.

The on the inside paint the area with the ABS cement and lay in some Fiberglass Cloth and more ABS cement to be sure the cloth is fully wetted and it will become part of the fairing making it stronger than new and not add much thickness to get in the way. If you are real careful you can do this and only have the hairline cracks visible in the paint when you are done.

When you reassemble if the holes do not line up it is likely that the mounts got bent in a drop. you may have to do some tweaking on them to get it all lined up. It is tempting to just bend the plastic to fit but that will leave stress that will try to fracture again.

If you want to save some work, (but not money) here are some Venture parts! I noticed both left and right fairings in the right color even with aftermarket chrome pieces on them but for what they are asking for them there is too much damage on them! There is another red fairing with damage to it as well but a lot more reasonable price.

Just thought I would post the link in case you are looking for other pieces, looks like there is a couple of pretty nice lowers, etc...

https://www.ebay.com/b/Yamaha-Venture-Motorcycle-Fairings-Body-Work/35560/bn_1508815?maspect=contextType%3AMOTORCYCLE&MYear=1983

I use stuff called rapid fix.

https://www.amazon.com/RapidFix-RFX7121100-Dual-Adhesive-System/dp/B0021UMTZQ

Stuff is amazing one tube is liquid "like super glue" second tube is a power and when the two come together it hardens immediately, and is hard. I have even used it to bond a wood dowel shaped to one of the studs to hold the side covers on about 4 years ago and it is still holding fine. The first time I used it was on a Goldwing saddlebag cover that was cracked about 1/2 way across and could not get it to stay together until I used the rapid fix.

I do not recommend the new UV stuff.