IGNORED

Cruise Control Problem

Back to the beginning.

When You turn on the cruise does the blue light come on?

When you press set does the green light come on?

At any time does the amber light come on?

Does the self canceling on your turn signals work?

I hane no blue light. Only green on speedo.

I have no amber light. Only a green light on speedo.

OK, if you speak schematics, the cruise control circuit can be found in the upper right-hand area. Start looking for proper grounds, voltages, and continuity with the "on" circuit. The first thing I would check is the vacuum line for the solenoid...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/83%20Yamaha%20Venture%20Royale%20TDK%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20C.pdf

OK, if you speak schematics, the cruise control circuit can be found in the upper right-hand area. Start looking for proper grounds, voltages, and continuity with the "on" circuit. The first thing I would check is the vacuum line for the solenoid...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/83%20Yamaha%20Venture%20Royale%20TDK%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20C.pdf

This is the point I buy a throttle lock. I can do some wire work but im lost at schematics and such. Since the switch didnt fix it and it doesnt seem to be mechanical or vac im at the end of my comfort zone. I might need to seek someone with more experience to finish this task.

Just out of curiosity, You said that you wired in the relay for the cruise. Did you by chance connect one of the wires to pin 87 of the relay instead of pin 87a?

Did you ever try the test of connecting the green/yellow wire and the black/white wires together for testing to see if the rest of the system was even functional?

The ground wire being off the relay would cause it to not disengage the cruise. The relay is set up to break the circuit when power is applied. So unfortunately the ground being off the relay is not your problem with the cruise not working.

Can you get a pic of the end of the relay with the wires on it?

• 2 weeks later...