IGNORED

Added another to the fleet

stickhandle2

We took the plunge and added another bike to the group in the garage (well it isn't there yet, we pick it up later this week). The other 3 are all Yamahas the new one is a 2013 Ural Gear Up. It will be fun learning how to drive a sidecar. Tammie will be happy she will now be able to knit while we ride.

I will post a picture of the new bike as soon as I figure that out.

Mike

We took the plunge and added another bike to the group in the garage (well it isn't there yet, we pick it up later this week). The other 3 are all Yamahas the new one is a 2013 Ural Gear Up. It will be fun learning how to drive a sidecar. Tammie will be happy she will now be able to knit while we ride.

I will post a picture of the new bike as soon as I figure that out.

Mike

Trackin right there with Sticky = I ABSOLUTELY love those things!! Not sure if the Gear Up is the 2wd model but THAT is the one think I would REALLY have fun with = if nothing more than just scratching what little bit of snowmobiling ich I have = be a HOOT to go out and bust thru some of @Flyingfool 's snow drifts he leaves around here when the seasons change..

A few years ago Tip, Tweeks and I were out goofing off in Texas - gave a shout out to an ex club member who rides one of the Urals - he was busy working but told us about a HUGE Ural rally not to far from us.. Tweeks heard that and laid a burn out right to where they were suppose to be = turned out we missed seeing them by 2 days = BUMMER..

All that said - I KNOW they have a LOT of get togethers for em,, also a HUGE site called "sovietsteeds" full of great info about em if ya need assistance or wanna learn to speak Russian with a Ural accent..

Congrats!

Gonna be looking for those pics :photographing::cop:

cause =

:worthless:

Not sure if the Gear Up is the 2wd model but THAT is the one think I would REALLY have fun with = if nothing more than just scratching what little bit of snowmobiling ich I have = be a HOOT to go out and bust thru some of @Flyingfool 's snow drifts he leaves around here when the seasons change..

Hi Puc,

Yes it is the 2wd drive model, I have told a few folks we now have a dirt bike / snowmobile as well as a pretty cool lookin scoot with a sidecar all in one. So I will be gettin even more pairs of socks just for getting out and going for a ride.

Mike

Not sure if the Gear Up is the 2wd model but THAT is the one think I would REALLY have fun with = if nothing more than just scratching what little bit of snowmobiling ich I have = be a HOOT to go out and bust thru some of @Flyingfool 's snow drifts he leaves around here when the seasons change..

Hi Puc,

Yes it is the 2wd drive model, I have told a few folks we now have a dirt bike / snowmobile as well as a pretty cool lookin scoot with a sidecar all in one. So I will be gettin even more pairs of socks just for getting out and going for a ride.

Mike

Ok I am officially green with envy. I would love to have a Urial 2 wheel drive as a second bike

Ok I am officially green with envy. I would love to have a Urial 2 wheel drive as a second bike

Hi Ben,

It is pretty cool and I am very excited to bring it home later today and try it out. As for a second bike that hasn't been determined yet, I am keeping my RSV for the time being until I know the ural is what I really want to ride at that time a decision has to be made as the insurance up here as we Canadians know is just silly for both bikes. When the Ural is in the garage we will have 4 bikes, 2 of them have to go, our daughter is looking to take over the 84 XJ750rl that we worked on over the winter and into the spring and I kinda of like it too, so her current ride the 85 Virago 750 will probably be up for sale and as mentioned I may have to put my RSV up for sale as well. Someone will sure get a great running and looking bike, but I am getting way ahead of myself.

Tammie and I plan on using the Ural to go to the Ontario Rally and that will tell us how it will be for us doing our little trips that we like to do on the bike.

Mike