IGNORED

Printer ink

mraf

Just a heads up to everyone. I don't have a high end printer just a old cheap Wallys Kodak that takes number 30 ink. Well I got tired of buying Wally world Kodak refills and only getting very few printouts before it needed printer ink again. So I ordered some cheapos from e-bay for next to nothing apiece. Well long story short, I've run many, many copies off and still have 90 pecent of ink left. That crap in Wallys world is JUNK. Save your money buy elsewhere. :2cents: nothing more, nothing less.

I switched to a laser printer the last time I had to replace my printer, It did not cost a lot more than the inkjet, but the toner does not go bad or dry out with age and need to be tossed out.

In a ink jet every time you turn it on to print it does a head cleaning procedure, the procedure involves squirting ink into a cup or pad in the bottom of the printer where it will just dry up. That is why an inkjet that is seldom used goes through ink so fast. It is always squirting ink to keep its nozzles clean.

Toner for a laser jet is just a dry plastic powder, It will basically last forever. So I get literally thousands of prints before it needs new toner. And since toner is powdered plastic that is melted onto the paper, it is also water proof so it will not smudge if you touch it with a wet finger or try to use a highlighter on it.

The extra cost of the laser printer up front has been easily paid for in the ink cost savings. not to mention that for years at a time the only thing I do to the printer is add paper.