IGNORED

Any graphic artists or logo designers here?

Freebird

I'm working on a new logo design for the stairlift company. I've got a basic concept but it needs to be vectorized and cleaned up at the very least and maybe even totally redesigned. I'm certainly not a graphic artist. There are no shortage of logo designers on the Internet but I used one once before and paid for logos that didn't do it for me at all.

So I'm tapping into the vast resources of our members here. Can any of you recommend a truly good design service that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Here is what I've come up with so far.

northcoast-logo-new-2.png

I'm working on a new logo design for the stairlift company. I've got a basic concept but it needs to be vectorized and cleaned up at the very least and maybe even totally redesigned. I'm certainly not a graphic artist. There are no shortage of logo designers on the Internet but I used one once before and paid for logos that didn't do it for me at all.

So I'm tapping into the vast resources of our members here. Can any of you recommend a truly good design service that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Here is what I've come up with so far.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109387

IMHO, the logo looks good but I would add stair steps up from under the seat to the bottom of wording to clarify it is a chair lift seat.

My son does that sort of thing, I'll ask him if he is interested.

Hmmm, yes, I am thinking your design does need a little help Don! My first two impressions of the image were a pioneer lady with a squared off chin, and then an overhead view of a toilet with dual flushing handles!

Sorry, Boss, don't mean to insult you or your abilities, just offering my perspective...

Here's a rough sketch of something I thought of almost immediately upon reading the type beside your graphic.

I prefer my bottom sketch more for a couple of reasons. 1) The Graphic N capital to the type visually lines up better with the top of the text to the right and the left leg of the N lines up better with the tag line that runs with the logotype. Both these reasons allow it to visually flow from left to right as it is read. The graphical staircase in the lower would need to be adjusted though to flow as a capital N would though from upper left to lower right. Not a problem.

Now, either will need to be massaged a bit more, and a graphical chair would need to be worked into it.

Just my thought.

idea.jpg

Edited by Liptoss