IGNORED

You'll know it's me because.....

pbjman

Hey all! I haven't posted much lately but I always follow along with the board to keep up with what's going on.

So I've had my '99 for 3-1/2 years and although it is mostly stock, there are some things I have done to personalize it, hence the idea for this thread. Even though my bike is typical at a glance, there are little things that I have done that were my own idea and if I saw a row of one hundred of the 1999 Purple/silver RSV's, I could pick mine out in an instant.

Added a screen to the vent in my F4 windshield, because it funnels bugs directly into my helmet without it.

IMG_0400.jpg

Added reflectors to the saddlebag hinge, because that spot looked like it was missing something. (Also, not many 99's with the pillow-top seats which I added.)

IMG_0402.jpg

Put on a 'custom' cord retainer for my communicator wire:

IMG_0404.jpg

Covered the smudged, stained, and ugly clear panel on my Hopnel with carbon fiber pattern adhesive sheet:

IMG_0399.jpg

Added a constant reminder to my windshield! (from the painter guy at Freebird's Maintenance Day a couple years ago)

IMG_0401.jpg

Anybody want to share the small personalizations that make your bike YOURS?

Some creative additions. I especially like the screen on the vent. I may have to look into that myself.

I've also seen a number of people that use window bug screen material, (fabric or metal) in front of their radiators. The screen mesh can easily be removed & it makes removing squished bug guts easier but doesn't interfere much with airflow to the rad.

Hey all! I haven't posted much lately but I always follow along with the board to keep up with what's going on.

So I've had my '99 for 3-1/2 years and although it is mostly stock, there are some things I have done to personalize it, hence the idea for this thread. Even though my bike is typical at a glance, there are little things that I have done that were my own idea and if I saw a row of one hundred of the 1999 Purple/silver RSV's, I could pick mine out in an instant.

Added a screen to the vent in my F4 windshield, because it funnels bugs directly into my helmet without it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109355

Added reflectors to the saddlebag hinge, because that spot looked like it was missing something. (Also, not many 99's with the pillow-top seats which I added.)

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109356

Put on a 'custom' cord retainer for my communicator wire:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109357

Covered the smudged, stained, and ugly clear panel on my Hopnel with carbon fiber pattern adhesive sheet:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109358

Added a constant reminder to my windshield! (from the painter guy at Freebird's Maintenance Day a couple years ago)

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109359

Anybody want to share the small personalizations that make your bike YOURS?

First off I dedicate this, one of my favorite Willie Nelson songs, song titled "Little things mean a lot" to PBJ's gorgeous scoot in honor of all the "little things" he has done to set his bike apart from all the rest - PBJ and his bike are definitely my kind of folk..

Secondly I am including a couple pics here of my own version of those same "little things" that set Tweeksis apart from all the rest.. The picture is of an Icelandic Gremlin Bell and Icelandic flag sticker that @StarFan and Greta brought for Tweeks and I all the way from their homeland. The other pic is of an Australian sticker that @AussieAnnie and Quickstep brought us from their homeland, one can also see a pic of their homeland flag in the pic with the Icelandic flag. Its not often that my bikes get treats for something they didnt earn (all those other memories on my bikes are on there cause they have been EARNED the hard way) but I gotta say, those four items from lands far away get just as many questions asked about them as anything else on Tweeksis.. Yep,, she is DEFINITELY one of a kind and LOVED beyond measure!!

Looking GREAT there my brother PBJ and THANK YOU for the invite to participate in this AWESOME game!!

Puc

The Song:

THE PICS!!

DSCN4394.JPG

DSCN4395.JPG

DSCN4392.JPG

Some creative additions. I especially like the screen on the vent. I may have to look into that myself.

I should've taken a pic before I picked out the dead bee, fly, gnats, and miscellaneous fuzz! Those probably would have ended up in my face.:(

The screen isn't hard to do, but it just made the re-assembly of the vent pretty fussy as I was trying to sandwich the two halves of the vent and the screen onto the windshield and holding it all together without dropping a screw!

Secondly I am including a couple pics here of my own version of those same "little things" that set Tweeksis apart from all the rest.. The picture is of an Icelandic Gremlin Bell and Icelandic flag sticker that StarFan and Greta brought for Tweeks and I all the way from their homeland. The other pic is of an Australian sticker that @AussieAnnie and Quickstep brought us from their homeland, one can also see a pic of their homeland flag in the pic with the Icelandic flag. Its not often that my bikes get treats for something they didnt earn (all those other memories on my bikes are on there cause they have been EARNED the hard way) but I gotta say, those four items from lands far away get just as many questions asked about them as anything else on Tweeksis.. Yep,, she is DEFINITELY one of a kind and LOVED beyond measure!!

THE PICS!!

Hey Puc, Tweeksis has more personality in one proverbial pinkie than most do in their whole body! I bet we could find her in a herd of a million MK1's! Thanks for the pics.