IGNORED

GPS Longevitiy

hillrider

I'm about to put my third Garmin 350 in the trash (after less than 10,000 miles). The first two were covered by the warranty. And the warranty is now over. Has anyone gotten upward of 20,000 miles out of any brand of GPS. I can get by with tiny buttons and tinny music if the thing will last a while. I'm a little leary of $700 for a Zumo, given Garmin's track record with me.

I'm about to put my third Garmin 350 in the trash (after less than 10,000 miles). The first two were covered by the warranty. And the warranty is now over. Has anyone gotten upward of 20,000 miles out of any brand of GPS. I can get by with tiny buttons and tinny music if the thing will last a while. I'm a little leary of $700 for a Zumo, given Garmin's track record with me.

I dont know if its just my luck but i have over 30000 miles on my zumo 550 now. still working great and its on all the time cause I use it for music too. My friend has one that has quite working twice now and is new but thinks its fixed now.

Guest BluesLover

Almost 50,000 kms on my Lowrance iWay500C and still going strong. Hooks up to the speaker system for 10 MB of MP3s too ...

Cheers,

Give Garmin a shout . My ZUMO was way out of warranty when it took a dump and they still took mine back to look it over and sent me back a brand new one with updated maps at no charge . At least give them a chance to look it over , give you a quote for repair . If ya do not like the quote , junk it .

Garmin has a good rep in treating their customers fairly .

BEER30