IGNORED

Left side cover removal help!!!

I have searched around and looked at a pdf service manual but am still stuck. I am attempting to replace the starter clutch.

But first want to know what is the best way to remove this cover? It doesn't want to seem to budge at all. (in the first pic below)

http://imgur.com/a/TLqhf

And then in the second pic linked above do I need to do anything once the C-clip is removed with the shifter linkage/wires/etc or will the cover slide off over once removed?

Any help greatly appreciated! I don't want to just start prying on things if perhaps there is a bolt somewhere I am missing or such.

Edited by enjoyintheride

As above, but once you get the cover off, here’s a trick I found somewhere, perhaps on this site, for easing it back on.

Getting the cover back on is tricky given the interference the magnet causes. Here’s something that will help. Locate three or four old cover bolts (or buy some) that are about 3” long. Cut the heads off. When ready to reinstall the cover, screw in the 3 or 4 bolts by hand, widely spaced. They will very nicely guide the cover on over the magnet.

Also, I don’t use gasket cement anymore, but rather just grease on the gasket. Makes getting covers off subsequently much easier.

If the cover won't budge, chances are there is still a bolt holding. Get down low and check it out first, you really don't want to bust that cover.

When putting it back on, it's easy enough, but the linkage coming from the back has to have the knuckle in the up position, definitely in the up, did I say it right? UP position.!!!!

When putting it back on, it's easy enough, but the linkage coming from the back has to have the knuckle in the up position, definitely in the up, did I say it right? UP position.!!!!
Hahahaha, good one.

Such a little thing but so very important. :thumbsup2: