IGNORED

Stupid me....almost got a ticket

1BigDog

I just bought a LED taillight with a smoked lens off a guy on ebay and it don't have the plate bulbs either and I bought the same plate frame as Ruff but I got it $38.98 shipped

http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index.html?c17.html&1

(8201-52) I 6 Complete Motorcycle Chrome 6" LED License Plate Frame License plate

http://www.radiantz.com/cart/full%20plate%20frame.jpg

(8201-52) I 6 Complete Motorcycle Chrome 6" LED License Plate Frame License plateLicense plate holder with full spectrum 6in 6 white LEDs that give a clean look (H.I.D. type) to your motorcycle license plate.

mounting hardware included

Price: $29.99

I know this has nothing to do with lighting your plate but I just had to say this because it's my only son.

My boy reported this past Sunday to the New York State Troopers Acadamy in Albany for 26 weeks of training. I'm hoping he makes it because being a cop is probable the most important and dangerous occupation you can have on the streets today, and I'm proud of him for making the cut so far.

Congrats on your son making it to an honorable profession. You have every right to be proud of him. If somehow he gets stationed on Long Island, send me his number. I'll be more than happy to help a fellow LEO get acclimated to a 'strange land'.

Don't know if I could find them online, I haven't really checked yet, but the mc parts and apparel store my wife works at sells LED license bolts that shine onto the plate. I'll try and find them and post a link. They were $20.00 a pair at the store. When I first saw them I thought they shined straight back, but upon closer inspection I saw that they actually shined in towards the plate. At least with these you could use your own plate if you had one you like.

Ok I found them. Well I don't think these are actually the ones at the store but they are similar. http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Lite_N_Boltz_domed_head_license_plate_light_-_Satin_Finish_(pair).htm

Hey Ruffie, I wasn't banging at you but those that like to smack at cops. Those who never walked into a dark alley in the middle of the night or a crack or meth house with CRAZIES. Never had a close friend/partner shot to death right in front of them. And they think they know it all, just how it is. NOT! Guess I'm just an old grump but I've been there. I put in 39 years and retired with pride and respect. The diabetes got to me, must have been TOO MANY DONUTS, HUH? HA!

PILOT, Tell your son "More power" and keep his head up high and do what's right. Don't take anyone's crap and don't put any on anyone. He WILL make it and be proud. Keep his cool and when he's old and retired, then he can be grumpy. He must always remember:

"Keep your powder dry".

Jim

:cop::sign busted:

• 1 year later...
Where did you get the clear lens? What year did the RSV go to a clear brake lens?:lightbulb: Wm.butler
They didn't so much go to, as get taken. Here's a source. They also have a smoke colored one. You can get the LED boards from these guys. While you're at it you might want to look at these turn signal inserts. Load equalizers are not really needed. They just flash a little fast, which people notice even more.

I have the early 128 LED version of the RadiantZ tail light. It's so bright that the plate couldn't be seen at night. It has 3 plate LEDs but the tail light portion completely overwhelms them. At ten feet the plate was lost in darkness under the trunk. I already had a chrome plate frame, so I added a chrome six LED plate light similar to the one in the pics in this thread. Unfortunately I can only find a vertical version at this time, however for those without an existing plate frame, they have 'em with the built in light.