IGNORED

Northwest?

leo3wheel

Have been working on my RSV trike in anticipation of traveling to the Northwest after Don's MD. Have a bunch of states that

I would like to visit. As they say, who knows what tomorrow will bring, so do it now. Not into camping, so will be staying at

motels along the way.

Well, turns out I will be joining Joe_in_WV, Brake Pad and others in Southwest. After Freebird's MD, will ride to Canon City, CO to meet

up with the others.

2017 Grand Canyon Tour

Jun 15 at 5 PM to Jun 29 at 8 AM MDT

Canon City, Colorado

Edited by leo3wheel

Leo,

By looking at your ride map, it appears you haven't ridden out in the west. Well, my friend, you are about to experience one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have on a bike (or even in a car). The west is spiritual! And, Colorado, Utah, Northern New Mexico, and Arizona are some of the greatest places to experience on 2 wheels!

Do not go to Cañon City, Co. without going to the Royal Gorge Bridge.

Big Lenny

Leo,

By looking at your ride map, it appears you haven't ridden out in the west. Well, my friend, you are about to experience one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have on a bike (or even in a car). The west is spiritual! And, Colorado, Utah, Northern New Mexico, and Arizona are some of the greatest places to experience on 2 wheels!

Do not go to Cañon City, Co. without going to the Royal Gorge Bridge.

Big Lenny

Big Lenny, Have traveled out west on bus tours and by car multiple times. In 2014, Jeannette and I toured the Southwest and visited 9 national parks by car. In 2015, we toured the Northwest, Alberta, British Columbia and cruised Alaska. Whole time I was out there, kept saying to Jeannette that I would love to be here with my motorcycle. Well, the time is here, and I agree that traveling out west is very spiritual! First time I saw Monument Valley, my jaw was on the ground! We were at Canon City and Royal Gorge back in 2014, when we did the Southwest tour by car. We joined a motorcycle rally in a rental cage. We rented a KOA cabin near Royal Gorge. This time I will be on motorcycle and tenting with fellow bikers. Will be one big party for two weeks!

Wow! You have a limitless list of places to go and see. Just the ride out and back will be awesome.

If you go to Glacier National take the Going to the Sun Road. A very reasonable motel that is old but clean in East Glacier, Pine Mountain Motel and the Whistle Stop down the road has great Buffalo Steaks.

Do keep a mindful eye on your fuel situation. Some distances between fuel stops can at times be a bit far.

Have a great one.

Big Lenny, Have traveled out west on bus tours and by car multiple times. In 2014, Jeannette and I toured the Southwest and visited 9 national parks by car. In 2015, we toured the Northwest, Alberta, British Columbia and cruised Alaska. Whole time I was out there, kept saying to Jeannette that I would love to be here with my motorcycle. Well, the time is here, and I agree that traveling out west is very spiritual! First time I saw Monument Valley, my jaw was on the ground! We were at Canon City and Royal Gorge back in 2014, when we did the Southwest tour by car. We joined a motorcycle rally in a rental cage. We rented a KOA cabin near Royal Gorge. This time I will be on motorcycle and tenting with fellow bikers. Will be one big party for two weeks!

Well, My Friend, You obviously are a seasoned western traveler. Sounds like you fellas are gonna have a blast.

Let me say.....my jealousy is in full mode.

Big Lenny