IGNORED

1, 2, 3, 4, ..........

SilvrT

1. We sold the bikes :bawling:

2. We upgraded our truck to a 1 Ton complete with 5th wheel hitch :mo money:

3. We purchased a 5th wheel RV :mo money:

4. We just sold our house today (March 18). :dancefool:

5. That will be when we hit the road beginning of August! :clap2:

Seems everything is falling into place as we planned (and hoped).

I am counting down the days.

I retire in July. Wife retired last Sept. I wasn't planning on retiring for a couple more years .. one at least. I work for a company that has a contract with the Provincial Government. The contract goes up for renewal and bids are accepted every 5 years. My employer has had the contract for 25 years but this time the Gov awarded it to a different company. The contract ends June 30th so, we had to scramble some and decide what we should do. Unfortunately we don't have a "nest egg" and our pension incomes weren't sufficient to continue living where we are so we were left with basically 2 choices... a) sell our place and move to a less expensive place to live and then just be retired and do nothing or b) sell our place and use the money to go on an adventure before we are too old and broke to do that. We chose "b". It was really our plan all along but we would have been better off financially had I been able to work another year or two. All in all though, it's all turned out the way it should and for the best we feel. We got a good price on our home, it's fully paid for, we don't have any debt, our health is good so we're looking forward to the next couple years of being gypsies and exploring Canada and the USA.

As you still have 9 years and are "counting down the days" ... then I must be counting down the hours! LOL

Guest divey

Happy to hear the plan is falling into place Rick. Sounds like you two have a couple of exciting years ahead with your travels. Doug