IGNORED

Plastic thingy came loose under the fairing

Two thoughts:

1: There is a small cover in front of the triple tree.

2: There is a cover behind the front air dam in front of the water pump area.

Is there a part number embossed on it somewhere? That would help as we have a downloadable parts diagram manual on site.

That is it, no doubt about it. All I have to do now is figure out how to get it back in there without taking the bike apart!:missingtooth:

Here ya go, I hope this helps. I just happen to have my TCI, coils, carb rack and battery out for upgrades so it's a clear visual. Does that look like her?

That is it, no doubt about it. All I have to do now is figure out how to get it back in there without taking the bike apart!:missingtooth:

If it were me I would lay it down lovingly on the ground next to the bike, take 10 steps back and begin wishing it back into it's place. I've not had any success with this, nor heard of anyone else having any success with it but it was a lot of fun to type it out. :stirthepot:

If you want to try it the other way I'm guessing you can maybe get to it by pulling the faux tank lid, airbox and maybe the battery/tray. It sounds worse than it is, that stuff comes out pretty easily. Mine is apart so I'm not sure how far you will really have to go to get it back in there. It looks like a weather shield to me but I'm not certain as to it's real function. where did it fall out from? Any chance to put it in from where it came out? I'm new enough to Ventures that I have to admit to never having removed or installed one of these... yet.

I just went outside and looked at it again and there is no obvious way that could come out of the bike if not directly rearward, so I dont see how it installs if not by sliding it into position moving it forward. I could see no other shields on the bike that looked like this so I'm not sure if there is supposed to be another one there. I dont see how this one could come out, that is if the other stuff over the front cyl heads are in place.

I would think depending on where his TCI box is. he can put it back in that way.... I was routing wire in mine and that piece moved. so I would say good possiblity.

I think so too. My TCI is gone now but it's almost directly under the bay where that was. Does the carb rack have to come out to get to that or no? I would think/hope not, it's a knuckle buster to get the rack out that holds the TCI and Coils.

I am usually pretty good at knocking things loose without intending to. I had just finished installing valve cover gaskets and was putting those air baffles back in when it popped out on the left side. I was like where did that come from? I jarred it loose jamming the baffle in and as is said in this forum Mama Yama put it in there for a reason so I guess I get to explore putting it back in. Yay :( Thanks for the tips on reinstalling, I will start with the easier options then see where we go.

I am usually pretty good at knocking things loose without intending to. I had just finished installing valve cover gaskets and was putting those air baffles back in when it popped out on the left side. I was like where did that come from? I jarred it loose jamming the baffle in and as is said in this forum Mama Yama put it in there for a reason so I guess I get to explore putting it back in. Yay :( Thanks for the tips on reinstalling, I will start with the easier options then see where we go.

I agree with Yama Mama, if the Yamaha engineers saw fit to put it there its usually safe to assume there is a good reason.

If it slid out from the left side maybe you can pull that air baffle back out and slip it back up in there, sort of the reverse of how it slipped out to begin with. It makes sense that the VC cover replacement would cause it to jar loose since its right above that area.