IGNORED

BB Guns are Scary

uncledj

Interesting.

I've an old Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm sittin' in the closet that I haven't shot in 20 years.:mo money:

I can't for the life of me remember which model I sold but it wasn't even operable. It could have been brought to working order but when I sold it it was not. At the time I researched the model and it to be a VERY desirable item, thus the $1100.

The one I have in the closet just says a model C and I have fired it nearly on a daily basis. I'm trying to bag my first crow as it is trying to get it's breakfast at my bird feeder.

Darn crows have a nearly impenetrable feather arrangement. Haven't been able to get a breast shot 'cause I'm pretty sure I won't penetrate the wing area and I'm not nearly good enough for a head shot

Interesting.

I've an old Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm sittin' in the closet that I haven't shot in 20 years.:mo money:

an antique BB gun:178: here we go again...

and their off.... Puc opens the bid at 50 bucks... fiddy fiddy fiddy,, do I hear 60? Auctioneer stops the auction for a special announcement,,, 'I know this aint Ebay but we are still under some constraints,,, if the President of this lop eared varmint VR Motorcycle Club catches wind of us holding an auction while we're standing in the water hole ya'll may all end up on probation so HURRY UP and bid!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

I can't for the life of me remember which model I sold but it wasn't even operable. It could have been brought to working order but when I sold it it was not. At the time I researched the model and it to be a VERY desirable item, thus the $1100.

The one I have in the closet just says a model C and I have fired it nearly on a daily basis. I'm trying to bag my first crow as it is trying to get it's breakfast at my bird feeder.

Darn crows have a nearly impenetrable feather arrangement. Haven't been able to get a breast shot 'cause I'm pretty sure I won't penetrate the wing area and I'm not nearly good enough for a head shot

***** I still got my old Antique BB gun Blue Book around here somewhere - I will see if I can find it, snap some shots of values in there just for kicks you guys.. Just remember this though,, its OLD so it will be wayyy off - PLUS,, even when it was "new" it really didnt have much relevance = I sold a lot of my stuff at well over stated value!! And yep Hummingbird - $1100 was not uncommon.. I had a first round Benjamin push rod pump that brought 3700.. We are talking 1800's stuff = old indeed BUT,, sure makes ya wonder why someone would pay that kind of cash for a BB GUN!!!:confused24:

Now,, about those crows,,, used to LOVE hunting them!! Had Owl decoys and used call recording to draw em in and all that.. Loads of fun!! While that good old bull barrelled 22-250 Remington of mine would EXPLODE them rascals at 300 yards no matter where ya hit - I TOTALLY get the impenetrable feather comment brother!! = even with a Shot Gun!!! My boy and I used to love shooting em in flight and I gotta tell ya - head on while on the wing,, or even side shootin them rascalions -their feather arrangement and thickness made em one tough target... We found "seat of the pants" while flying straight away to be the most effective - problem was,, those birds are one smart cookie - seemed like they would always make sure they flew at an angle to us :guitarist 2:

:scared:,, speaking about crows and the way they fly... Just got message from Flyinfool in my private messages.. Says something about me being wrong in a comment I made to him about it only taking a half hour to cover the 81 mile distance between us over Lake Michigan "the way the crow flies"... Being of the engineering mind that Fool is and probably thinking I mistook the distance or failed to fully understand ground speeds or something - he came back with something like "1/2 hour to cover 81 miles? = you really messed up in your calculations on that one" and then he had a bunch of mathematical stuff in there and a snide comment about me using an illegal ICBM filled with snow to accomplish the task .. Havent responded to him yet but a couple things he obviously over looked: 1. I ride a legal MK1 1st Gen (us MK1 riders dont need no stinkin ICBM's) so my perspectives of space and time are always gonna be in fast forward.. 2. Even a crow's speed of flight can be increased if he is angling down and using gravity to his advantage...

And then,, I also have to admit to him when I get around to responding to him that I actually did make a mistake when I sent him that message about the crow... Jeff,, if your reading this,,, I meant to say "as the FALCON flies" :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::guitarist 2:

:big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by cowpuc

Hey, Puc. That was a funny story. I think every kid did something similar at one time or another. It's a different world now.

It was great seeing those old guns. I was a design engineer for Crosman Arms Co. way back in the 70's and 80's and remember all those guns you have pictured there. I personally designed a number of pistols and rifles you have there. I also acquired a collection while working there and had many "special" pistols and rifles built by the modelmakers there. During the years there I had several patents assigned to me for different mechanical inventions.

I too, sold my collection many years ago as it became very large and ran out of room to store it. As an employee, I had access to many antique guns and collected all of them. I never did count all of them but my collection was similar in size to yours. All of the guns were restored to factory new condition in my collection. I still have a few special presentation model guns in my current collection, all of which are gold or chrome plated and most of them are engraved and/or have my name on them. They are all packed away under lock and key now, otherwise I would put a few photos up here. When I have a little more time I may get them out and photograph a few special ones for you to look at.

Jim

My first bb gun was a daisy pistol (not co2). I snuck up behind a black bird to shoot it and it did not even have enough power to piss the bird off. I shot the bird it turned and flew away, I think it was laughing at me when he left. Then I got a pump gun my butt still hurts from all the butt beatings I got from shooting thing I was not supposed to.

In my earlier days before becoming a Dragonslayer I was known to be the neighborhood bird and squirrel slayer . Until the neighbor complained about a bb hole dead center of his plate glass picture window. It took a whole summer of grass cutting before I paid that window off.

Then there was the time the kids on my street and I built a tree house fort in the woods that separated the adjoining neighborhood from ours. The path to school went through those woods right under our tree house. Since our fort commanded the path we started to collecting lunch money tributes to use the path. The alternative route was a long walk about a mile to circumvent the fort guarded path. At first we defended the path with water balloons until someone retaliated with a bb shot catching Sidney in the knuckle of his bird finger. I remember that knuckle swelled up about the size of a large grape. The war was on.

The school was replacing a bunch of school desk so there was a pile of the old desk in the back of the school. We robbed all the Formica covered desk tops and armored our fort with them making the fort bb gun proof. We suited up baseball catchers padding and motorcycle helmets and shields making us bullet proof. Stockpiling an arsenal bb guns, pine cone launchers, water balloons and m80, We were in control of the territory.

The war raged on for about four years. During that time we collected enough tributes that would rival the Knights templar treasury. Sidney bought an old Norton commando and later became a motorcycle cop.Jimmy Ed bought a lawn mower and had a successful landscaping business going until he got shipped off to military school. I parlayed my share into a paper route that eventually paid for my Honda 750 by the time I was 16.

No one ever picked on us in school.