IGNORED

Possible to move the shifter fwd?

Guest DREBBIN

Guest DREBBIN

I've noticed I'm having to lift my whole left foot off the floor board to down shift. I can see bolts down there and a barrel type connector -- is it possible to move the shifter forward? Your help appreciated, DREBBIN

Do you mean moving the shifter forward on the floorboard, or lowering the front of the lever down while raising the back of the lever? The latter is really easy. Loosen the jam nuts on the adjusting linkage and set it wherever you want it.

It's just that easy... And replace that grossly over-sized heel/toe with the billet toe-only shifter. :D

JC has a point,

Unless you are just in love with your heel shifter and can't do without it, get the Yamaha billet toe shifter

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/4/83/404/all/all/67/0/detail.aspx

It allows you the freedom to move your feet (both of them) all the way back on the boards. Then you shift just like you did back in the good old days....1 down and 4 up.

But the stock one is adjustable but only to the point that the heel shifter peg will go down and upshift the trans before the peg rubber hits the boards.

Hope this helps,

Rick