IGNORED

Saying Good Bye

84xj1100

My Fellow Venture Riders,

I'm initiating my final post as a member of this forum as I've decided to sell my 86 Venture.

I would first like to ammend Skydocs post "Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend" as I haven't totally given up riding, just the Venture. I will be riding my wife's Yamaha Virago 750 (she rarely uses) which is a lot lighter and more manageable. I've been retired for almost 2 yrs now and only ride locally and a lot less frequently, so I really can't justify keeping the Venture.

I would also like to acknowledge the superior quality of this forum, it's members, their knowledge and helpfulness throughout the past 9 or so years. In my opinion this forum IS the epitome of the Yamaha Venture.......anything anybody could ever possibly want to know can be found on this forum or from one of it's members.

I must tell you all that anytime I see a Venture, I approach the rider and the first thing I ask is if they've heard of this forum. If they haven't, I ensure they're made fully aware of the wealth of knowledge and expertise this forum has to offer.

I will miss being a member of this community but will still read the forum from time to time.

I would like also to thank you all for being there whenever I needed assistance, especially Skydoc who I've never met but am indebted to for all his help throughout the years. I would also like to thank Freebird for allowing me the opportunity to say farewell.

I leave you all with one final word.........for those of you who may remember the TV show "Hill Street Blues" (at the end of each shift brief, the Sgt's final words) "Hey, Hey, Let's Be Careful Out There."

Indeed XJ - right back at you brother on wishing you all the very best in where ever that Virago's front wheel leads you!! Hopefully, somewhere - somehow it will lead you down paths that cross some of our own so we can get an occasional update of your where abouts. Please always remember you are welcome and missed here!! REMEMBER - You have problems with the Virago - there are lots of members here that know those motors too!!:beer:

You ever find yourself tearing along the dotted line in Michigan - PLEASE know you and your scoot are ALWAYS welcome at a Puc's Meet - Greet and Eat Meat brother!!! We always got a good variety of motorcycles/cars/dunebuggys and even Batmobile looking 3 wheelers all with an even wider variety of varmint types trying to keep em all on the road!! I am absolutely POSITIVE you will enjoy yourself - come see us!! :guitarist 2::banana::beer::biker::checkeredflag::essen_018:!!!

Hey hey,, you be careful out there too my friend, :scratchchin:,to which I might add a tad of my own advice = especially around intersections:Cartoon_397:!!!!!!

All the very best in the selling of your 86 and hope to see you out on the road on the Virago!

Puc

I've been looking at Lil Red a lot lately. 1982 Yamaha 750 Maxium . That thing is a lot easier to handle and from stop light to stoplight will take a 1st Gen. It seems to need another gear on the road but I've been wondering what kind of rear gears are out there that would fit it? I would have to give up a little of that "Scat" on low end but..... I been thinking.

Well what can I say but that its always sad to see another member leave the forum but it is what it is and I hope you fare well where ever you ride. Keep i mind riding another bike does not mean your barred from the site or that you have to become a stranger.

I've been looking at Lil Red a lot lately. 1982 Yamaha 750 Maxium . That thing is a lot easier to handle and from stop light to stoplight will take a 1st Gen. It seems to need another gear on the road but I've been wondering what kind of rear gears are out there that would fit it? I would have to give up a little of that "Scat" on low end but..... I been thinking.

Been a while but as I remember those Maxims were chain drive bro!! Tossin gearing at em is simple and cheap!! If it were mine I would grab a +1 for the front sprocket - thats like dropping 4 on the back! One of the GREAT advantages of chain drive!!!

:sign07:,,, put another :hijacked: on Pucs list,, sorry bout that XJ!!!

My old brain would have remembered that sooner or later Puc. :think: Don't know why I hadn't thought of that......Humm maybe cause my 82 is a shaft!!:Avatars_Gee_George: Got ya Bro. It was my 1st shaft and made me a Fan!!

84xj1100 No reason you cain't hang out and try to keep us in line and offer a little advice now & then!!! We need all the correct advice We kin git!!!!:backinmyday: Jist couldn't pass that chance........

My old brain would have remembered that sooner or later Puc. :think: Don't know why I hadn't thought of that......Humm maybe cause my 82 is a shaft!!:Avatars_Gee_George: Got ya Bro. It was my 1st shaft and made me a Fan!!

84xj1100 No reason you cain't hang out and try to keep us in line and offer a little advice now & then!!! We need all the correct advice We kin git!!!!:backinmyday: Jist couldn't pass that chance........

:scared:,,,,,, yes you did bro - yes you did!!:rotfl::happy65: TOTALLY!!!!:cool10::cool10:

XJ = Yammer nailed it brother - maybe you should reconsider - look how fast things can get out of hand around here when left following our own advice!! :beer: