IGNORED

Looking for an overview of Venture models

Eastern Shore

I am new on the forum and have only recently begun to consider the idea of buying a venture. I am trying to sort out the different models. I would like to find a web-page or a book with information on the history of the Venture series and some technical information on the differences between the models and the years. I think I should be able to google this information but so far I haven't had much luck, so I just decided to ask the experts. Thanks.

I am new on the forum and have only recently begun to consider the idea of buying a venture. I am trying to sort out the different models. I would like to find a web-page or a book with information on the history of the Venture series and some technical information on the differences between the models and the years. I think I should be able to google this information but so far I haven't had much luck, so I just decided to ask the experts. Thanks.

http://www.venturerider.org/history.htm

On the banner just below the large field where the advertisers banners come up there is a row of buttons, the 6th one over from the left is named History, click on it.

Or click here, http://www.venturerider.org/history/index.php

I feel like an idiot now I was trying to remember where in the H* that went because I remembered coming across it on this site...

What Wizard765 said...

There were some '83s, '84s, and early '85s that got fixed under warranty and have some kind of punch mark on them but it seems no one can properly remember just where this mark is, it has been discussed in the past...

Edited by bongobobny

I put together this comparison sheet when I bought my first Venture.

It shows tech data on the Gen1 MKl vs Gen1 MKll vs Vmax vs Gen2

I guess you probably realize by now that you found your way to the right place to learn all there is to know about the Yamaha Venture motorcycle.