IGNORED

Gatlinburg is burning

Venturous Randy

With the extreme drought conditions we have had in the south and the current high winds we are having, we have a major fire situation in Gatlinburg, TN. The latest news is saying at least 30 buildings are burning and one is a 16 story hotel on top of the mountain above Gatlinburg. We are having some rain move into the area, but with a really hot fire, unless there is a lot of rain, it does not help that much.

There have also been a lot of trees down and some also brought down power lines, making the situation worse. I thought I would post this because I know a lot of our members are very familiar with this area.

Randy

The smoke is really bad here.From my house I can see 3 major fires.They had to call in a special fire fighting unit from Montana to aid in the fire fighting here.Lake Lure had a mandatory evacuation last week but the fire there has been contained.Highway 80 was closed down last and is still closed.My house is in no danger but the smoke is very dense.We had about half an inch of rain last night and expecting 2 to 3 inches tomorrow.Maybe Mother Nature will heal itself.