IGNORED

Paid my membership

Nightwind15

Steve Armstrong from Decatur, Alabama. I am a Yamaha dealer and have been for over 42 years. I owned 4 type one Ventures, a 1983 standard, 1984 Burgandy Venture Royale, 1986 Black and Bronze Venture Royale and finally a 1989 Burgandy Venture Royale and then in 1999 Bought a Royale Star Venture. Since then I have been riding FJR1300's simply because I could not do a cruiser and the old Ventures really spoiled me to what a sport luxury touring bike should be. This past week I bought three type one Ventures. Number one a standard 1983 Venture with 28K miles on it garage kept and I sold it new to the guy I bought it from. Number two off Craigslist in Montevalo Alabama from the original owner that just spend 2K on it and got it back in mechanical shape but the cosmetics are no great, it is a 1989 model. The third off Ebay from Omaha Nebraska with 22K miles, it is a white 1988 and is in remarkable condition with new tires all electronics work and on a few minor scuffs. Now you ask yourself why? Why is because I love these bikes and at 66 I likely only have 20 more years of riding left! I will get them all going and working properly and sell two of them. Not sure which yet. So I still have my 2015 FJR1300, a 1972 Yamaha LS2 with 560 miles on it, a 2002 Harley softtail springer, a 1973 Triumph Trident and a 2012 Honda Goldwing that I really do not like at all but that is another story. Glad to be here and glad to see some of the old girls are still appreciated.

Welcome aboard!! Heck, at 69 I have now spent probably close to Ten Grand on my '84 Royale because I love it that much!! Got over 5 Grand in the motor, a 1300 with VMAX heads built by PCW racing. Everything brand new mechanically. Originally bought it in '04 with around 8K on the clock for $2700.

Little confused with the '84 that you state was a Royale, I thought the Burgundy was the Standard and the Gold was the Royale. Love the "tuxedo" '86, we have a member here who bought his new and went on his honeymoon on it, and still has it! That was IMHO one of the nicest color combinations made, next to the '83/'84 gold...

You have a nice collection of rides there!

I can only hope to be alive in 20 years, much less still riding but I am a Vietnam veteran with agent orange related type 2 diabetes and in stage 3 kidney disease...

Welcome to the forum Steve. You have a really nice collection on bikes. Do you still ride the Trident?This is the place for god information on getting those e Ventures back together again. I am always amazed at the amount of money people spend on these bikes and then the years pass and they just don't ride them. The last Royal Star I bought was 3 years old and only had 500 miles on it. My current Spyder was 4 years old when I got it with only 8500 miles at a fraction of it's new cost.

my 84 was two tone red/burgundy

welcome to the fanny farm, glad to see a dealer in the group, and as many others i might like to send you some orders if it's good for both of us? Again!! welcome!!

Then it was a Standard, not a Royale Mike, unless somebody added the CLASS and Audio. CB was optional for the Royale on the MK1, CB was standard on the Royale for the MK2, they discontinued the Standard in either 88 or 89 , forgot which year...