IGNORED

DIY rear tire sucess!

baylensman

First let me say thank you!

THANK YOU ALL.

I've read and asked question and generally have been a pain in the butt to some of you. The culmination has been me changing my own rear tire. Now back in the 70's I did a few tube type dirt bike tires. This is the first one of this type.

Used my lift adapter, got it up in the air and took of the wheel assembly. I used a C clamp to break the beads and two tire spoons from Harbor freight ($5.98 each) I removed the tire. got some soapy water on the new tires and reversed the process! 7.5 oz of RIDE-ON filled her up! while it was apart did a little lube here and there and new pads on the rear disk. buttoned up and wiped down tools away in just shy of two hours!

Couldn't have done with out all the great advice here.

again THANK YOU

GOOD ON YA BAY!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Been swapping my own tires for years using C-Clamps, driving a car up on a board and squeezing tires to break the beads too.. You mentioned Harbor for the "spoons",,, next time you stop in there check on their little bead breaker.. Thing works AWESOME and, if you catch a decent coupon they are not much more than 10 bucks (at least they were when I bought mine). Also found if you use some of that black tire goo smeared on the bead before mounting (like tire stores use) it makes em a lot easier to break down next time around - I have even had em come apart with a squeeze from my 16 inch channel locks..

You replace the valve stem?