IGNORED

Daytona Beach

tufftom4

Do not know of a loop that includes St. Augustine and Ormond.

There is a loop in Ormond that is shown on the site Dion listed, just be careful cops are all over it and the speed limits are strictly enforced.

Best way to get to St. Augustine from Ormond is up A1A and back south on US1.

There are a few good roads around, most of them are west around Deland and Deleon Springs.

Depending on what is going on with me at the time, maybe we can hook up and I can show you around a bit.

Depending on how far you want to ride, west of Daytona is the Ocala National Forest. Go north out of Daytona on A1A, west on US 40 to US 19. North on US 19 to US 100. East on US 100 all the way back to the beach. South on A1A back to Daytona. At the corner of A1A and US 100 in Flagler Beach is a great place to stop. It's called Finn's. It's a rooftop crows nest bar and restaurant. Good food and they cater to bikers. I'd love to hook up with you but I'll be in Vegas at that time. Post some pictures when you get back.

My motor home club has a rally in Ormond Beach the week after biketoberfest and I want to tow the 750 behind me because I heard there was some loop to ride up to St Augustine and back but I cant seem to find the link if someone has it please post it.

Keep us posted upon your arrival etc. perhaps I will join you ( and others?) depending on what my schedule holds.

have my number still?

Do not know of a loop that includes St. Augustine and Ormond.

There is a loop in Ormond that is shown on the site Dion listed, just be careful cops are all over it and the speed limits are strictly enforced.

Best way to get to St. Augustine from Ormond is up A1A and back south on US1.

There are a few good roads around, most of them are west around Deland and Deleon Springs.

Depending on what is going on with me at the time, maybe we can hook up and I can show you around a bit.

I will be there Oct 20th-the 23rd if you have nothing to do lets go for a ride.

Barrycuda, let me know too. We are heading to Nc from the 8th to the 16th on the bike. Sat or Sun works for me. I could ride up to which ever road your crossing over on and we could run across together. I have run this route several times when going up to Daytona.

I guess we will all have to let each other know. Let's see when Tom gets there and you come back. I doubt I'll be going to biketoberfest, and if I do, it's for the day. That said, maybe we can all meet up and slowly start our Florida M and E ( RTE in GW forum) again. Would be great seeing Dion and Tom again...

I know a great Mexican place, not the cheapest, but great food and service, one in Ormond and one in Port Orange.

Tom keep us reminded, so we can plan our schedules, right now my weekends are taken up with sitting open houses as I try an build a client base, hopefully that will ease up in a few weeks, so I can get in some riding.

I know a great Mexican place, not the cheapest, but great food and service, one in Ormond and one in Port Orange.

Tom keep us reminded, so we can plan our schedules, right now my weekends are taken up with sitting open houses as I try an build a client base, hopefully that will ease up in a few weeks, so I can get in some riding.

Will do I would like to ride the Ocala National forest also.

my wife and I have eaten at this place with Steve and his wife. I will say it's an EXCELLENT place to eat. Hope we can all meet there. If not, I'll have to sneak over there on the way home :)

• 2 weeks later...

I may have a monkey wrench thrown in any plans I had to ride up. My daughter in-law got a job offer in St Augustine/Jacksonville area. And with the way they have been packing the last week here at current house, its looking more and more like we are going to have to help them move that weekend. I'd rather ride.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so whats the status on this? Kids moved last week while we were out of town. So I may have the weekend open to ride, After getting home Sun we rode 1757 miles last week. Bet the wife aint real anxious to get back on.

So I have desk duty at the office on Friday, so Friday is out for me, right now Sat and Sun are open, but need to know what the plan is.

Tom is your trip still on now that the storm is past?

Oh, forget about riding A1A , most of it closed due to storm damage.

The wife and I made the trip down from Savannah Sunday on I 95. Savannah had a lot of broken limbs and stuff, but actual building damage I couldnt see much. Closer we got to Jacksonville you could definatly see more big wind damage. Trees knocked over and broken. The news reports showed parts of A1A gone!!! Storm surge must have been killer. While in Savannah one night we were on the river walk and the ship docked there was way high. Next day @ low tide it had to be almost 5-6 ft lower.