IGNORED

Today's Rant

snyper316

There is rarely things that don't grind my gears. I came across a news post today, and I have to say it severely PMO!!! News tells only half the story FOR RATINGS!!! (To serve an 8 yr old papers!!!!) Had me pissed and I was a sucker!!! This is exactly why I don't watch the news!!!

http://www.kmov.com/story/33054571/boy-8-served-with-restraining-order-at-school

Twist the handle and move!!!

Edited by snyper316
I was corrected in next post by real news!!!

I thought the same thing when I saw the same story on my local newspaper's website. However there is a lot more to the story than is being reported. The child has made threats to kill several children and adults in the neighborhood and has been very specific and graphic in his descriptions. It's what prompted the judge to act this way. No one in the neighborhood who was a witness to the child's threats or acts of violence towards others were contacted about the story. Also, there's apparently a history of alcohol abuse and violence in the home as well. There's definitely more going on than was reported.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing when I saw the same story on my local newspaper's website. However there is a lot more to the story than is being reported. The child has made threats to kill several children and adults in the neighborhood and has been very specific and graphic in his descriptions. It's what prompted the judge to act this way. No one in the neighborhood who was a witness to the child's threats or acts of violence towards others were contacted about the story. Also, there's apparently a history of alcohol abuse and violence in the home as well. There's definitely more going on than was reported.

I agree with Patricia I have read the whole story not that little clip of the news the child has been making threats for a while and his school mates do not want him around and neither do his neighbors I think the parents should be arrested for bringing the child up this way.

I agree with Patricia I have read the whole story not that little clip of the news the child has been making threats for a while and his school mates do not want him around and neither do his neighbors I think the parents should be arrested for bringing the child up this way.

I hate to say when I was a kid we didn't have as much BIG DADDY looking over our parents shoulders. Today they tell us to put them in the corner and refrain from hitting them!!!

No, I'm from Georgia, someone local to me did some digging into the background of the story.

That is what I thought I was just confused when you said local paper! I used to live in Jefferson County they used to be crooked so I got out of there.. And I should edit saying something along the lines of being PTFO!!! The news once again only tells what they want to tell for views and ratings!!! TO TRY AND PLAY THE SYMPATHY CARD!! What are they trying to do start more riots!!!

I don't know about you all.. When I was raised I was brought up to do unto others as you want done to yourself!! You did something wrong you got bent over your parents knee and whipped with a belt.= this is now illegal!! You may use your hand and spank there butt no where else, but cannot leave a mark!!! Red marks;Bruises;welts; hand prints etc!!! When I was a child if I cursed or took the lords name in vein I got my mouth washed out!! Today its Illegal!! You back talked your parents or authority, you got your mouth slapped or popped!! Today that is illegal!!

Now with all that being said kids are also taught in school at there meetings that If anyone hits you to tell someone at school!!

Now with all that I do feel that BIG DADDY is out of control.

I understand they are trying to protect the kids, from abuse.

I don't feel I was abused a child. The only thing I ever struggled with was trying to please my step dad. By god I tell you one thing I grew up just fine, and respected authority.

Now I will say I did have a friend when I was a kid used to get beat and come to school with bruises, they ended up moving in a hurry. I heard he got killed in a car wreck a few years later.

I don't know but I am at a loss here. I don't believe anyone should be abused, but when you take away from parents that wouldn't abuse there kids... They tell you Time outs work.. My thought Not Always..... Grounding is another that sometimes works, But sometimes a timeout or grounding don't fit for what the kids may have done..

I am in no means backing the parents or the child in this situation, something obviously needs to be done. Too many kids now days run a'muck. It is either the kids parents just don't care, or the parents just don't know what to do for fear of losing there kids and going to jail.

P.S. I hope you all understand what I am trying to say here.

Hmmmm, in our day we would have just beat the crap out of the kid and got on with life...

Agreed and that would solve the problem, today we "handle" it like wussies, the kids doesn't learn lesson, as a teen-ager shots up school and killed himself. Coulda Been solved with a good old fashioned ass whopping