IGNORED

Fresh time capsule of 30 year old OEM part goodness

I came into possession of a Brand New OEM speedometer still wrapped with care and love from Mother Yamaha's factory. Been sitting on the shelf for almost 30 years to be opened for the very first time by yours truly. This is a very rare occasion in my life to actually be able to handle "new OEM parts" since all my motorcycles are of "vintage" age and usually scrapyards are my parts stores. I was so excited about this piece of virgin motorcycle history I thought I would share the very significant event of opening this time capsule with y'all! It's the little things that make me happy! :crackup:

The gleeful feeling knowing that my bike will someday not have a squealing speedo that is so loud that it drowns out all motor and road noise (and thats when it's greased!).:doh:

Here is the official unwrapping, and the speedo seeing the light of day for the first time since probably coming from Japan! And NO I did not pay the retail of $97.39 as marked on the box.....got it for a steal from a guy who supposedly had it sitting in his garage for many many years with no bike to match it.:cool10:

I almost felt bad taking it out of the box, like I should have been wearing white gloves or something!

IMG_5624.jpgIMG_5625.jpgIMG_5627.jpg

i love finding stuff like this, a while back i bought a shed full of venture parts and two of the things that almost made me dance was a new clutch basket still in the box and a new never installed rear shock. finding these new parts is like winning a lottery only we give a damn about!

This may come as a surprise to you, but I too have a brand new 1st gen speedo in the box as well. Bought it about 8 years ago for a very good price off ebay...

and I have one for a MK1!!!!! Only mine is attached to my new my NOS bike that has now crossed the 80k mile break in mark :rasberry::big-grin-emoticon:

I also have some NOS mirrors on that same scoot that has been busy here at our local "Bike Time" displaying lots of Harley's disappearing in em - making those mirrors durn near priceless :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Sorry about yet another :hijacked: there Riv,,, been having a hard time controlling these fingers that the Doctors freed up :sign13: