IGNORED

Great V-Max engine rebuild Video - Very Helpful for the Venture too!

VanRiver

Found a very detailed and informative video set on rebuilding a V-Max 1200cc motor. This guy builds a Yamaha 1200cc V-Max motor from the ground up and highlights all the tips and tricks along the way from the perspective of a very experienced V-max engine builder.

I personally found video #2 the most beneficial as he covers Head assembly, installation, and timing. This is near and dear to my heart as I'm planning a V-Max head swap on my 86 Venture in the near future. This video sure beats trying to interpret mother Yamaha's service manual for a novice like myself!

Hope you find it informative as well! 5 hours of Venture/V-Max motor rebuilding pleasure! :smile5:

Part #1

-Video removed-

Edited by VanRiver

WOWZY - GOOD STUFF RIV!!:thumbsup:

Your gonna do WHAT to that sweetheart of a fun lovin AZZI :scared::big-grin-emoticon: = wayyyy cool!!:thumbsup: Nothing but the best brother on your build - looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing all those :photographing::photographing::photographing::photographing::photographing::photographing:'s of the whole process:fingers-crossed-emo

#### Tweeksis to AZZI,,, can ya hear me AZZI? :beer::cool10::cool10::cool10::guitarist 2::bikersmilie:

#### Tweeksis to AZZI,,, can ya hear me AZZI? :beer::cool10::cool10::cool10::guitarist 2::bikersmilie:

Roger that Tweeksis, coming in loud and clear! Hope to cruise with you someday Tweeksis....BFF! 10-4 over and out.

AZZI's feeling a bit uncomfortable about the open heart surgery due to the novice wrench turning skills of her owner...That is why I'm doing so much video watching and research before I break out the tools....but she is looking forward to a stronger heart beat when all is said and done. Plus gives me justification to feed my addiction of checking E-bay and Craigslist on a regular basis!:sign67: I don't have a problem...I could stop any time if I wanted too....:sign67:

Roger that Tweeksis, coming in loud and clear! Hope to cruise with you someday Tweeksis....BFF! 10-4 over and out.

AZZI's feeling a bit uncomfortable about the open heart surgery due to the novice wrench turning skills of her owner...That is why I'm doing so much video watching and research before I break out the tools....but she is looking forward to a stronger heart beat when all is said and done. Plus gives me justification to feed my addiction of checking E-bay and Craigslist on a regular basis!:sign67: I don't have a problem...I could stop any time if I wanted too....:sign67:

Shoot me an idea of what your looking for Riv - might be able to help you out with out all the risk of dealing with Craigs scammers and Ebay twisters :big-grin-emoticon:

Oh yea = Tweeksis to AZZI - BFF indeed!! Talk that lop eared varmint who sits on your back to coming down to Michigan and getting some ride time in with me, Tip and Puc!! You can sleep in the garage next to me, we can plot courses during the night and then go out and chase our front wheels together!!! YOU GOTTA SEE THE NEW TWISTY ROADS I JUST FOUND - ENDLESS BLISS!!!

Edited by cowpuc
almost forgot about Tweeksis's response to AZZI

Yes that is Damon Ferraiuolo's video that has been mentioned on this forum many times. I doubt that Damon authorized those uploads. Therefore it might be viewed by some of our more ethical members as an outlaw/counterfeit copy. If you wish to view/use Damon's video and consider yourself honorable and ethical then I'm sure he will send you the videos for $20.00 including shipping for both the engine and carb videos... pennies compared to what we invest our Ventures.

His email is Damon_Ferraiuolo@msn.com.

I bought the dvds from Damon and have mentioned them in several posts.

On 5-7-16 Bluesky posted that he ordered the dvds and there was a delay in Damon getting them out to him so Damon refunded his money and sent the dvds to him for free. Damon is an honorable fellow. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?119186-Bought-Carb-Rebuild-Video-by-Damon-Ferraiuolo

Let your conscience be your guide.

Heather

Edited by yamagrl

Let your conscience be your guide.

Heather

I agree..I do appreciate all info but the author hasn't made it public domain. No incentive for him to share anymore of his knowledge if it's just going to be pirated. Appreciate your intent to share valuable information but I think it reflects a bad image to our site unless he gave permission to upload. Since he still charges I doubt he appreciates it. Just my 2 cents.

Hi @yamagrl and @Venture n Dixie, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was not aware that the video I found via a general search on youtube for "Vmax engine repair" was unauthorized by the Author and is actually content that is sold. Damon did such a fantastic video and took the time to share his knowledge, that totally deserves compensation. Disappointing that the person on youtube who posted the video decided to break that policy.

As a result, I will be taking the following actions:

1. I will be removing the Youtube links from my original post.

2. I personally will be reaching out to Damon to purchase his fantastic videos so I can continue to use his deep insight for my engine repairs.

Sorry, I thought I was simply sharing a link to a public domain youtube video.

VanRiver, I figured you were only sharing a great find.

I ordered the videos in 2014 when I did the second gear repair to Big Red. During that time I had many lengthy email exchanges with Damon. During one of our exchanges I mentioned concern about reusing the screws for the middle gear that have to be staked, so he me four new ones and would not even accept reimbursement for shipping.

I whole heartedly support his endeavor. Had I not have had this great experience I may not have thought anything about the Youtube video. Considering my understanding and respect for Damon I felt that a clear and enlightening response was needed.