IGNORED

A restaurant experiment.

Air Ready Auto

So we all know what we like to eat right. What about new things? Why go to a new restaurant and get something that you know you will like that you could get the same old restaurant you always go to. Chicken is chicken everywhere. A few years ago I started doing something with amazing results. When the server hands us the menu, I hand it back and say "you pick for me." I give them an idea of how hungry I am and explain that I really hate mushrooms (can't get over the fact that they grow on poo) and ask them to surprise me. The results were that I discovered that I like a lot of different foods that I didn't even know existed. Sure I've had some dishes that weren't as tasty as others but over all, I've been pleased with the results. So I offer up the challenge to everybody. Expand your taste buds. Go out and don't order and be surprised.

Not a bad suggestion but I have to say that I've been fairly adventurous when it comes to trying different foods. Having traveled a lot of this world, I've always been willing to try local dishes that aren't even available in North American and have often been pleasantly surprised.

I like to eat where the locals eat....some years back I was in Kansas City on business.....I knew I wanted BBQ, but didn't know one place from another....drove around for about an hour or so and came upon a place jam packed with cars....figured with that many cars in parking lot, the food must be good! Oh man was it....asked my waitress what she liked and she said "the burnt end was good"....

So if the parking lot is full....eat there.