IGNORED

Grips

Acadieman

Guest BluesLover

It is the Kuryakin 6235 model for the regular grips (or 6261 for the flame grips).

Got some myself over the winter, mounted them and was impressed this past weekend. Did 2,000 kms with them and my right hand was not numb at all (which always happened with the regular grips).

Cheers,

Lou

Guest BluesLover
Did you just toss the bar weights at the end of the stock grips, or did you figure out a way to get 'em back on there?
I tossed them (actually I just kept them and stored them 'cause I'm a bit of a pack-rat), and went with the stiletto grips ends from Kuryakin.

Picture here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=4082

Cheers,

With a little work you can get them back on. Either grind some metal out of the ends of the K grips so the shoulders on the weights will go through them, or remove the shoulder on the weights by grinding or turning on a lathe. With the latter, you'll have to use loctite on the threads to hold the weights in place. The latter is what I did here.

Guest BluesLover
Those bar-end weights are there to help with dampening vibration.

I'd keep them on if I could.

Hey Brian - I gotta tell you, the Kuryakin grips do a better job (for me at least) of dampening the vibration. Last couple of years, with the stock grips and end-weights, my right hand would go numb very, very frequently. With the Kuryakin grips, I felt none of that.

Maybe it's all in my head, but that's what it feels like to me.

Cheers,