IGNORED

ordered from boats.net big mistake

Black wing

so i ordered the water jacket joints i need to put my bike back on the road. they sent it ups, and now ups tells me they have lost it. so i called up boats.net's support center and was told that they will open a claim ticket but will not send replacement parts until the investigation comes back ( 8 business days minimum) and then they will send out new parts which will go through the same system again and another two weeks wait for it to show up minimum. so i definitely wont have the bike back for my wife's birthday weekend trip. and the real insulting part was them telling me i could re order the parts so i can get them on time and they will give me around 10% discount. probably some of the worst customer service ive gotten in a long time.

I had a similar situation with them (although they did resend the "lost" item). The way the guy I talk with explained it, when you use their low cost shipping (ups to the post office then USPS makes the delivery), shipment are lost about 2/3 of the time....his advise was to pay the up charge for ups all the way....I told him I thought that was total BS and sounded like they intentionally lost items in order get cucustomer to pay more....I'll only use the if there is no other option.

IMO, if you know the item will be lost in transit 2/3 of them time....STOP OFFERING THAT AS AN OPTION!?

If its lost, it dont cost the shipper. USPS or whom ever losses it pays. So seller aint out nothing. Now it could be the seller feels its a viable option due to cost because we are cheap skates. If you have an option for "free" vs say $8.00 which do you choose?

I use Parzilla for my oem parts (they're part of the same family as Boats.net). Their economy shipping hands the package off to USPS for the last mile and when that happens the tracking information is useless. I found this out when USPS marked a package delivered but it wasn't.

It turns out the postal worker marked it delivered in the truck, decided it might rain and since no one was in just carried it around in her truck for an extra day. She's the good one, the other driver will just roll a box out the door and let it drop in the parking lot.

When I'm paying for shipping (it's usually free because of my volume) I always spend the extra $3 to have it ride the whole way on the UPS truck. It also gets to me a day earlier that way. Interestingly, when they're paying the shipping it comes the whole way UPS.

ya i would have gone with better shipping options but they wanted so much it would have nearly cost more than the cost of the parts and was way more than what it costs me to ship a much larger package from northern Canada all the way to Texas. had no idea they even offered a 33% completion option.