IGNORED

which harley model slipons do i buy

Guest Jamsie

Guest Jamsie

i am thinking of putting slipons on my RSV, but i am not sure which exhausts to buy .

i found screaming eagles on ebay for £75 , but unsure if they will fit or rejetting wil be required

You can use any of the stock "Big Twin" pipes on your RSV. I put a set on my 1st Gen just before selling it to my friend. I actually have multiple sets of low mileage (some just test ride mileage) for sale for $50 plus shipping. You will have to make an adapter pipe with about a 16 degree bend that goes from the stock pipe diameter to 1 3/4" to fit the mufflers. The sound is great and the take off pipes are high quality.

I have the "screaming eagles" on mine, I like the sound. Also had a pair that came off a electra glide, drilled them out, didn't like the tinny sound, too quiet without the drill out.

Go with the eagles

Its been years but I got mine free from the Harley dealer. They had 3 or 4 sets of OEM Harley pipes waiting tobe discarded. I think I slipped the guy $10 for them. Don' t remember the name of them but they are slash cut.

Most of the Harley Road Kings will fit, if as mentioned, no catalytic converter on board. This is a slight "chrome gap" where they slip on. If it bothers you, you can purchase

a pair of transition chrome clamps. Bought mine on eBay for 50-60 bucks. there's more info on here somewhere about clamps, bracket adapters, etc. I like the added

low end "grumble" without it being overpowering. I don't think any fuel mapping, etc. adjustment is necessary on these "Analog" bikes!!!! Good luck!!

You can use any of the stock "Big Twin" pipes on your RSV. I put a set on my 1st Gen just before selling it to my friend. I actually have multiple sets of low mileage (some just test ride mileage) for sale for $50 plus shipping. You will have to make an adapter pipe with about a 16 degree bend that goes from the stock pipe diameter to 1 3/4" to fit the mufflers. The sound is great and the take off pipes are high quality.

Any pics? I'm in the market for a set.

Edited by Great adVENTURE