IGNORED

wheel spinning with clutch engaged???

Guest Dragon Snoot

Guest Dragon Snoot

Changed the brake fluid, changed final gear oil, and motor oil, then added clutch fluid (dot 3 brake fluid). Now for some reason my '83s wheel spins as soon as you put it in gear with the clutch engaged??? what the heck did I do or didn't do? I am newer to this site and to the bike and not really what you would call "tech savvy" so any help would be appreciated. If it helps the clutch level was just barely in the sight glass untill I filled it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Guest JMAC71

If you have the rear wheel off the ground it is normal for it to spin with the clutch disengaged. However if should spin faster and with more force if you have it off the ground and release the clutch. It spinning just means your clutches are still grabbing well but you shouldn't have any problems with the tire on the ground.

Jerry

If you are worried about it, while on the center stand,push on the rear brake and see if it stops, if it does than you're fine to go, if it rattles and and threatens to come apart and stop the engine, then your clutch is not disengaging properly and you will need to bleed it some more. Let us know how you make out.

Guest Dragon Snoot

Once I got it off the center stand all was fine! Thanks so much for all the help. I can't get over how nice and helpful everyone here is. Thanks again.

Dan