IGNORED

Motorcycle curfew - is this true?

XV1100SE

Saw a motosecrets post on Facebook about a curfew that is being implemented in 11 States where bikes are off the road between 11pm and 6am. http://www.motosecrets.com/11-states-agree-implement-enforce-motorcycle-curfew/

I know not everything on the Internet is true, but does anyone have confirmation of this ?

If it's true, it wouldn't impact me as I don't see the need to ride during those hours unless you are going from one point to another (short distance - visiting someone and home). Unless you are riding across a desert at night to avoid the heat of the day, better to be off the road anyway due to the limited visibility.

Anyone know if this post is true? Your thoughts?

BTW.....Snopes says it isn't true... but if the statistics shown in the article are true... what would your take be on it?

Well,, my take is,,, that it wouldnt work :big-grin-emoticon:

IMHO, The U.S. is kind of a different place with a different kinda people whom, at least some of them in some area's,, roll to a little different drum beat than most of the rest of the world.. There a still a number of States and lots of people in those States who are kinda touchy about their freedoms and get a little edgy when things happen that infringe on those freedoms, which (and this may sound strange to a number of folks who live outside of the States) find the general idea and concept of a Curfew as an infringement of those freedoms..

A good example, I noticed that South Dakota is on the list of States where this curfew idea is going to be implemented.. I happened to have spent a fair amount of time touring, attending rallies, cow towning, sleeping on the prairie and meeting people from that awesome area. The people of SD have opened their very hearts up with a spirit of:bighug:every year to tens of thousands of motorcyclist when they host the HD Sturgis Rally - it is a sight to behold!! I know how hard we in Michigan fought to get our freedom of choice in whether or not we wanted to do a simple thing like wear a helmet back after we lost that choice (to some Americans, the right to choose what is good or bad for us as individuals is a big part of being free) years ago.. I have a hunch that there is probably a similar minded group of folks in South Dakota who realize that once something like a curfew is implemented it might be an uphill battle to get it reversed and one can only imagine the impact of not being able to ride a motorcycle at night would have on something like the Sturgis Rally that those very people have fought so hard to maintain..

Another line of thought for Americans about all this may linger along the line of thought of an old school concept found in one of America's beginning foundations of "Of The People, By The People, For The People".. And they may think something along of: "If "we the people" do this to the biker community, who is to say that "we the people" wont do this to car drivers, truck drivers, bicycle riders or even pedestrians...

Just the title alone sounds like a story you might see on the cover of a tabloids while going thru check out line at grocery store. Never heard of "Motosecrets" but if this is typical of the type articles they have it must rate right up there with National Enquirer, etc.

...and aliens are expected to land on the White House lawn this summer!! I saw the previews at the movies so it has to be true!

Wouldn't that be November if Trump gets in? Oh wait....he's going to deport all the aliens. Canada better build that wall now !

Just the title alone sounds like a story you might see on the cover of a tabloids while going thru check out line at grocery store. Never heard of "Motosecrets" but if this is typical of the type articles they have it must rate right up there with National Enquirer, etc.

I've deleted them from my Facebook feeds.