IGNORED

Noon questions m. ...loose items

Lug Nut

I washed and dried my RSV today....just trailered it home yesterday. I checked most bolts...put loctite where it should have been...checked fluids.....set radio stations...removed both antennas (ordered firestik 2ft)...Lubed all locks and latches etc....set tire pressure 38 front and 41 rear....checked gas tank cap screws...generally inspected whole bike...

I noticed that the chrome visor above the headlight is loose and I can turn it left and right by hand. Is this normal and if not how do I fix it?

The winshield chrome trim. Is also fairly looks and can be moved a bit. Is this normal and if not how do I fix?

Thanks

The chrome visor can move to the right & left when installed, but it should NOT be real loose. If it is real loose then something is not right.

You can remove the small chrome ring around the headlight and put some tape on the edge of the chrome visor to 'take up space" then re-install it which will tighten it up.

As for the chrome trim under windshield, check this tech link out and see if this may be your problem. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?516-Repair-of-chrome-windshield-trim

Here is another tech link on that same chrome trim piece: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?20293-Repairing-Your-Broken-Fairing-Windshield-Tabs

Here is a helpful technical link that addresses most all KNOWN problems on the RSV and what to look for, tighten and check on your ride.

Hope this info helps bud.

Eck

My headlight visor was very loose as well. PO used some foam, but it wasn't doing the job. I cut 5 spacers from a piece of thick wall fuel line to fill in the gap. Its been working great.

My gap was not uniform, bigger at the top than at the sides, so I needed to cut several different thicknesses from the fuel line to find a nice tight fit.

IMG_0777 copy.jpg

@brummers, thanks for posting such a good clear detailed photo related to your fix.

It will sure help others clearly understanding what they could do to eliminate that "free space" between the chrome visor and headlight.

Nice job!! :sign outstanding: