IGNORED

Possible Fuel Issue

Ky. Rider

I have an 06 RSV. The last two times I have ridden it shuts itself down starving for fuel after about 70 miles. It isn't the fuel pump that I know without going into detail. (spare pump tried) Also the fuel filter is new. After tinkering with it and not really doing anything it will crank up after about 25 minutes and run perfect the 70 or so miles back home. Any ideas from you gurus on what could be going on? Thanks. Bill

Sounds like the vent tube may be pinched or blocked. You can check it easy it is under the black tank cover that raps around the fuel cap.

Thanks for the reply. I did not mention that when trying to crank it I did take the fuel cap off the tank thinking it might be an air issue.

Never worked on an RSV Ky but gotta wonder if your problem might be petcock related.. First thing that popped into my mind was fuel pump, filter and tank vent too - ya covered those. Not sure how the petcock is built on an RSSV but most of the old scoots at a screen at the entrance of the petcock and a screened bowl on the bottom that could plug up.. If it were mine, I would look and see if I could slide the fuel line off the nipple on the petcock or down at the fuel pump - turn the gas on and see what kind of flow your getting..

Another thing that can do some crazy stuff is if you got water in your fuel somehow, maybe drain the float bowls into a clear glass container (baby food jar?) and see what comes out.