IGNORED

please compare RSV to 2013 Road Glide Ultra

friesman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rake it about 47 degrees. Put a twisted tube 16 0ver front on it. Hardtail frame. Good KingQueen saddle with 18 inch sissy bar and pad. Some 20 inch Apes. Some good Candy paint. A set of square double headlights so you could stack them one over the other. Throw that front brake away!! May as well ditch the faring while you are at it. And the bags. You can tie a cloth type cooler to the back of the sissy bar. One that would hold about a 12 pack of POP!! Buy Eileen a couple Tube Tops. That should hold you for a few days...:Avatars_Gee_George:

I agree that the absolute only difference is the fairing. From the fairing back, they are the exact same bike. My experience has been exactly opposite of yours in a lot of ways though. Now granted my bike only has about 9,000 miles on it but other than the first service, it has never been back tot he shop for any reason at all. I've not had a single problem with it. As for comfort, it's the only bike that I've ridden that I feel is as comfortable and gives me as much room as my RSV did. Eileen tells me that it is more comfortable for her than the RSV was. A bit part of that is likely because just after buying it, I added a KuryAkyn trunk slider that allows the trunk to be slid forward and back. It is probably slid back about 2". I have it setup about the same as the RSV in regards to highway pegs, handlebars, etc. and find it fits my 6'3" height very well.

I absolutely agree with you that they run hot. It's not a big deal as long as you are moving down the highway but get stuck somewhere in traffic and the heat is brutal. I've installed a head pipe without the catalytic convertor, free flowing Vance and Hines mufflers and a DynoVision PowerTuner. Those things helped a little but the simple fact is, it still gets HOT.

I have been please with the ride quality and more than pleased with the handling.

I don't think that anybody should be offended by your remarks. We should consider all reviews and reports when thinking about a different bike but in the end, the important thing is to get in a good test ride.

I agree the trunk slider will be the single most important accessory you'll get if you ride two up. I'm about 6,3 and with a little 5 6 lady on the back of dads I was totally cramped. Definitely turned me off of the Harleys but dad says his new one with the trunk slider saved it

I would rake it about 47 degrees. Put a twisted tube 16 0ver front on it. Hardtail frame. Good KingQueen saddle with 18 inch sissy bar and pad. Some 20 inch Apes. Some good Candy paint. A set of square double headlights so you could stack them one over the other. Throw that front brake away!! May as well ditch the faring while you are at it. And the bags. You can tie a cloth type cooler to the back of the sissy bar. One that would hold about a 12 pack of POP!! Buy Eileen a couple Tube Tops. That should hold you for a few days...:Avatars_Gee_George:

ROCK N ROLL!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

attachment.php?attachmentid=103188&d=1440903085

attachment.php?attachmentid=103198&d=1453783521

attachment.php?attachmentid=103192&d=1389925959

attachment.php?attachmentid=103193&d=1453783335

attachment.php?attachmentid=103189&d=1453783335

attachment.php?attachmentid=103190&d=1418797786

attachment.php?attachmentid=103191&d=1428523578

attachment.php?attachmentid=103194&d=1453783335

attachment.php?attachmentid=103195&d=1453783335

attachment.php?attachmentid=103196&d=1391639508

attachment.php?attachmentid=103199&d=1453783521

attachment.php?attachmentid=103197&d=1391629912

DSCN2770.JPG

DSCN9606.JPG

DSCN9604.JPG

DSCN9597.JPG

ti3 (3).JPG

ti3 (9).JPG

wow (15).JPG

wow (12).JPG

wow (6).JPG

ti3 (180).JPG

DSCN2782.JPG

DSCN2730.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

That Loner would have fit me well until a few yrs ago!!

Never took you as the Sporty type DanL, I thought for sure it would have been ol "Gun Runner" (pic above Loner).. He didn't have the 10 over Grasshopper (rode like a BOARD) like I hung on Loner but he was a cantankerous ol Panhead ..

Edited by cowpuc

Bad to the bone! How long did it take to turn it around in your driveway? Lol:stickpoke:

Driveway nothing Cha,, that Santee Softride Honda with the 18 over springer and 21 inch spooly (top pic) needed a 5 acre field to turn her around :big-grin-emoticon:

Tell ya what though,, it took some doings to get her trail spot on so she didnt flop but after I nailed it I hung on to it (cause it had shocks on its backside) and rode it to Sturgis from Michigan a number of times. Can honestly say - a finer riding Hi-way bike I have never ridden!! Talk about stable and SMOOTH!! Get that Springer rockin on her rockers and flexin on the tubes - lock the throttle - lean back on the bag and just let er roll,,, just beautiful!! Riding a good long bike is a acquired taste that takes a little time to develop but once you acquire it that "feeling" never goes away.:thumbsup:

I was just looking at te name on that one Puc. These Venture Riders done ruint me!! The Pan would be closer for a Sled for me. I still got some ideas. Did you know that with only a headlight and taillight you can drill the frame and fish the wires thru a Hardtail til you have no exposed wiring?? I've had thoughts n doing that with throttle cable. Down thru apes and frame??