IGNORED

Stebel Horn?

Guest BluesLover

Guest BluesLover

I've been thinking about getting a louder horn for the RSV.

I'm looking at the Stebel SNH-02

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stebel-Nautilus-Compact-Motorcycle-Air-Horn-Chrome_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ34284QQihZ014QQitemZ330219056234QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Has anyone put this on their RSV, and if so, how easy/hard is this to do?

Cheers,

Guest BluesLover
GREAT saftey add on.
Thanks. I agree - I find the horn on the RSV to be so ... well ... inadequate! My wife's 85 Honda Shadow 500 is louder than my RSV!

Cheers,

That's the horn a lot of us have put on our bikes. Check with Carbon_one and see if he has any of his stainless steel brackets available. It makes the install go very easy. Fits right where the old horn is.

They are very loud so don't test it in the garage or your ears will be ringing.

Check out this thread.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91&highlight=Stebel+Nautilus

Hey Lou,

That's the one to get. Also check out Harbour Freight. I think the one they have is identical.

I know a guy who can help with the install if you don't mind driving a couple of hours west. Should be able to come up with the bracket too.

Sounds like a good excuse to go for lunch doesn't it?

Here's the link for Harbour Freight but it's more money unless you wait for it to go on sale.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97099

Guest BluesLover

Hey Gary - sounds like a plan.

I'm going to order the bracket from Larry and the horn from somewhere - have to take the bike up to Inglis today to have the new CB antenna put on, and you never know, they may actually have them (the horns) up there.

Heading to Moonshine on Thursday-Sunday, then have my east coast business trip next week, and then have to do purgatory in Montreal for a few days after that.

I'm still hoping to come to your M&E on the 26th, just have to be back here for 4 pm.

Cheers,

A friend of mine just installed on his 2006 Royal Star a Fiamm Highway Blaster" from Pep Boys. $19.99. I heard Advance Auto has it for a couple buck less. Easy install, uses the existing wires. He didn't mention anything about having to modify the brackets. The horn is rated at 132dB. Has any one tried the Fiamm Highway Blaster out???

I just installed the $12.00 HB Air Horns , 135+ decibels and still have the stock horns connected . Trumpets are mounted under the drivers floorboards and the compressor is mounted on the flat bar flange under the scoot where part of the center stand mounts too . Trumpets are temporarily mounted with zip-ties until I get some stainless steel or aluminum mounts made . The horns were red plastic , but I spray painted them a chrome color . You do not see them unless your really looking and are quiet loud . There connected via a relay which is connected to the stock horn wiring . I use the stock horn button to operate . As soon as I find my camera , I'll post pic's .

BEER30

A friend of mine just installed on his 2006 Royal Star a Fiamm Highway Blaster" from Pep Boys. $19.99. I heard Advance Auto has it for a couple buck less. Easy install, uses the existing wires. He didn't mention anything about having to modify the brackets. The horn is rated at 132dB. Has any one tried the Fiamm Highway Blaster out???

I've got two of them. Mounted just below each air box with the horn resting on the front crash guard. They are loud. Put them on the same relay that runs the Stebel mounted under the trunk. Really can't hear the stock horns anymore, but they are still mounted also. When I hit the horn button, it will catch your attention.