IGNORED

Screaming Eagle Pipe Question

Guest FFJFlanagan

Guest FFJFlanagan

HI all I know this question came up several times but I couldn't find the answer.

I have a newer set of screaming eagle pipes and I installed them but Too Quite.

Whats the best way to get MORE sound? The pipes have baffles in them but they are welded in. Any ideas ?

I could get some pics up that could help.

Thanks for your time !

Jon

Guest FFJFlanagan

yea you cant see through it. DO you know what size drill bit ?

Should i just beat it out ?

Thanks for your time !

JOn

If you have a Harbor Freight store in your area you can pick up what is called a step bit. It has several sizes on it. You just keep drilling till you come to the right size. They should also have the long extension for it too. Other hardware stores carry it too but H/F has the best price. Use the narrow one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/gifs/clear.gif

I tried posting a pic but it wouldnt take ithttp://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/gifs/clear.gif

I used a 1 1/8" hole saw with a 10" extention. Poked that sucker out in seconds and I was rewarded with the sweetest sounding RSV in town. Make sure you don't have the set with the CAT converter in it. Pre 2003 should be fine. Brian

Guest FFJFlanagan

OK im retarded when it comes to that. How do you know if it has a Cat or not ?

Sorry for all the questions brothers.

Jon

HD uses a pair of mufflers with only one having a Cat converter. Look inside both of them from the inlet side and if you see a yellowish bricklike material in it, it is definately has a Catalytic Converter. If they both look pretty much identical with just metal plugs, they are the ones you want. Some folks have gutted out the cats and are satisfied with the sound. Brian

Guest FFJFlanagan

I don't see anything yellow in there so we should be good.

Crossing my fingers :)

Will let you know how it goes.

Jon

Guest FFJFlanagan

Fact or Fiction ?

If you take the baffles completely out it wont have enough back pressure and could cause problems?

Some folks are feeding me propaganda about this issue.

Anyone have any problem taking them completely out ?

Thanks for your time !

JOn

Dude, if they ain't on this site, I wouldn't pay much attention. (nothing personal) If you have a Venture or an RSTD, you're here ostensibly so you DON"T get steered wrong. Yes? Folks here aren't going to tell you to do stuff that's gonna hurt your bike! (If there is a chance of it, they'll tell you and let you choose) If somebody thinks it's wrong, rest assured somebody will say something. This stuff has come up time & time again, which is OK. It's called learning.

But...to be perfectly blunt.

Either go with people that own bikes like yours or ...........somebody else! :confused24::whistling::stirthepot: That's your choices!

Fact or Fiction ?

If you take the baffles completely out it wont have enough back pressure and could cause problems?

Some folks are feeding me propaganda about this issue.

Anyone have any problem taking them completely out ?

Thanks for your time !

JOn

Any back pressure in these bikes will occur in the header pipes. You cannot pass more air through the mufflers then can pass through the headers. unless you mess with the airboxes or go to bigger headers, you don't have to worry about rejetting your carb because of running too lean. Brian