IGNORED

Mil prv15

mralex714

Does anyone here have personal experience with this unit. I'm really interested in the audio quality and if the 40 watts per channel is RMS continuous or a peak output.
Your question might be moot after looking at a few reviews.

Here is one from Amazon:

For all of the reviews on the unit not working after a while, this is a known issue and can be easily fixed by removing BOTH positive feed lines for a few seconds and this resets the microprocessor. The company suggests that you put both lines on a toggle switch so you can easily "reset" the unit if/when this happens.

So, after I installed this, I found that the MP3 memory feature did not work. Meaning that when I turn off the unit, it would start to play from song 1 every time. The manual also states there is a clock function that also does not work. The unit is supposed to be IP6X waterproof meaning that it should be able to handle splashes of water to the face without water penetrating. Within minutes of using it the first time, water entered into the lcd panel and a short time later, the glue holding the plastic faceplate trim let go and the bezel came off. I purchased the Jensen MS30 which appears to be a better unit (we will see once I get out on the water!)

Does anyone here have personal experience with this unit. I'm really interested in the audio quality and if the 40 watts per channel is RMS continuous or a peak output.

I have one. I like it pretty well although I didn't know about the problem Camos mentioned being widespread but I have that as well (needs power toggle).

After putting a good power filter on my OEM amplifier it sounds great with the Polk DB-401s. I wanted to use the sound sensitive boost and the volume dial so I kept that stuff and did the install that I documented here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?88766-PRV175-Install-Keeping-Built-in-Amp-and-Controls

I'm using it as a Bluetooth interface and radio. My music files play from my phone. True that it doesn't remember the last file played from an attached thumb drive, no biggie to me. It doesn't access the thumb drive files in shuffle mode either. I didn't buy it thinking I would be shucking thumb drives into it. The 40 watts is probably peak, what do you expect from a unit basically the size of can of beer cut in half? It fits in a standard size gauge cutout. When you're two feet from the speakers it doesn't take a lot of power. If you're interested in playing your music for the people around you when you're riding then I'm sorry for trying to help you because I despise being forced to listen to other people's crap when they're riding around in my neighborhood or on the same street I'm on.

I've washed my bike with it mounted and never had any trouble with that. It had a BT reconnection problem but that was fixed with a software update. Here's that info:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?108287-PRV175-Fixed-With-a-Software-Update!

Oh, you know I just realized that you're asking about a PRV15 not PRV175. Well now you know more than you wanted probably about a BT player you weren't even looking for!