IGNORED

Had Good Luck with a Dunlope E3

dueyk1111

:sign yeah that:

I would be sorely tempted to make the switch even though my Shinkos are new and running nicely!

I liked the Shinko rear much better than the E3. Don't get me wrong, the E3s rode great, but they wore funny for me and then felt terrible. I might have gotten close to 10k miles on mine before they felt so bad I couldn't stand them anymore. The Shinkos were cheap enough, stuck awesome, and I got almost the same mileage as the E3. At least the rear. I ran a Shinko rear and Pirelli front and never felt more confidence on my old Venture.

alot of day trips, one trip to ashland miss was 730 miles. alot of days riding to work. most of my weekend trips were of 2 to 300 hundred mile day trips. i like the twisty curvey roads best, i really look for those. i think the secret to dunlop e3's is that i ran the air pressure at 44lbs in the rear for 2up riding n my big husky body. made probably 8 or 10 rootbeer runs of 125 miles one way, really good rootbeer for mak'n rootbeer floats. i usually bring back 8 to 10 half gallon jugs when i go for me 'n' other floks. been down to poop's couple of times.

Edited by dueyk1111
added more story

Just swapped out my E3 at 18,600 miles. Still had some miles left, but I am taking off this morning for Colorado (abt 2500 round trip) and didn't want to risk it.

However, I just put on an old E3 take off with ONLY 14000 miles on it. That will get me there and back.

Me likey the E3s.

RR