IGNORED

03 Road Star 1600

yamagrl

We bought an 03 Road Star 1600 yesterday for Rachel. 32k, Vance and Hines 2 in 1 sounds Really good. Batwing. Black and Purple. We got it from a friend so we know the bike. Paid FOUR for it.

Any advise, info etc. would be appreciated. Pointers to websites etc.

Anyone have a manual; printed or electronic.

IMG_20150910_131549737.jpg

Edited by yamagrl

We bought an 03 Road Star 1600 yesterday for Rachel. 32k, Vance and Hinds 2 in 1 sounds Really good. Batwing. Black and Purple. We got it from a friend so we know the bike. Paid FOUR for it.

Any advise, info etc. would be appreciated. Pointers to websites etc.

Anyone have a manual; printed or electronic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101641[/ATTACH]

We recently bought an '05 Midnight Roadie ...

20150830_063439 (Large).jpg

I ordered a clymer service/repair manual off Amazon for around $55

Two forums I use are;

http://www.starbikeforums.com/

http://roadstarclinic.com/

Enjoy! I really like the Roadie!

The big differences to your other bikes (other than the belt drive) is the lubrication. Your roadie has a dry sump engine lubrication system and separate lube for the transmission.

When you drain the oil from the crankcase you'll only get a cup or so. Most of it is in the oil tank under the seat. That oil tank has a separate drain plug along the right frame rail, below the seat. The oil tank cap has a dipstick on it (no sight window) and is REALLY easy to over fill. If I remember correctly at just over 3 quarts it'll overfill. You need to run it, and add almost another quart to finish the job. The dipstick needs to thread through a narrow passage and it's really easy to brush the sides and mess up your reading. Have fun with that!

Otherwise, nothing special to worry about.

Either of the 2 forums SilverT mentioned are great, I belonged to both when I had my Roadie. The only issue I had with my '03 was it would leak fuel out of the carb in hot weather. I re-jetted and reset the float and all was well. I loved mine,, and I'll have another one again one of these days. Congrats and good luck.

Either of the 2 forums SilverT mentioned are great, I belonged to both when I had my Roadie. The only issue I had with my '03 was it would leak fuel out of the carb in hot weather. I re-jetted and reset the float and all was well. I loved mine,, and I'll have another one again one of these days. Congrats and good luck.

I'm familiar with the fuel issue. It's common with Vstar 1100 also.

Edited by yamagrl